Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signal issues countrywide for Meteor ? Anyone else ?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I am new to posting on Boards but usually check it out for answers to things :o This subject didn't have any posts so I registered (about time really) to ask :)

I wanted to ask about Meteor coverage at the moment. All over the place people are reporting coverage issues - no word from Meteor about why or when it will be fixed. We are in W'meath but I have friends in Dublin, Laois, Galway and Wicklow who are all having the same issue - cannot make calls or send texts plus phones mostly showing 'No Network'..

We have no landline and live in the country so a bit fed up of having no coverage. First assumed it was the windy weather (although that has never been an issue in the past) but now, as many more people are experiencing the same probs I am starting to wonder what is really going on .. Our wireless broadband is working perfectly (weirdly, much faster than usual :confused:) thank god or I'd be cut off from the world :eek::D

People starting to post on Meteor's forum about this now too - apparently Raheny is completely out of signal ??

Anyone know what is going on ?

ETA - usually we have full bars of signal - we live on a hill with direct line of sight to the 2 nearest Meteor masts. The nearest being WH_4237 and the one slightly further away being WH_2010. Both masts within 3 miles of our house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Hmmm, it's the same problem in Cork with the last few months. From dropped calls to having no network coverage where it was fine before. My brother finally left Meteor last month having got no satisfaction from customer care or Meteor store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jeep Girl

Hmmm, it's the same problem in Cork with the last few months. From dropped calls to having no network coverage where it was fine before. My brother finally left Meteor last month having got no satisfaction from customer care or Meteor store.

We've been fine until the last week (could it be the wind and storms ?) - no dropped calls or anything like that. Full bars of signal (at home at least) .. this was almost overnight.

It seems almost like the mast are no longer there. Contract is up in July and I will be moving from Meteor then as have had huge problems with them taking unauthorised payments from my Credit card (not even amounts that would relate to any bills past or present!)

When challenged they denied they had taken the money :eek: Luckily it was on my statement and Visa was able to give me loads of info about where and how and when the money was taken. Reported to Visa and Comreg who were both very helpful. Visa treated it as fraud which was good! Still haven't got the money back mind, they simply 'credited' my account with the amount - I am insisting they give me back the money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Not having any problems with signal to make calls or texts but my mobile internet is'nt working this morning in Dublin 9, city centre or Dun Laoghaire, not with meteor that long does this happen often?

JR79 wrote: »
    Not having any problems with signal to make calls or texts but my mobile internet is'nt working this morning in Dublin 9, city centre or Dun Laoghaire, not with meteor that long does this happen often?

I have not had any problems (with coverage) before now but others I know have.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

In Dublin here no mobile internet yet apps that require data i.e. RTE and BBC work fine. How is this possible:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Meteor's network has become very unstable in the last few months. I can't wait to be out of contract so I can switch to another provider.

I would recommend people avoid Meteor.

I would recommend people avoid Meteor.

Me too.

I am hearing that the network is extremely unstable these last few days as Meteor is.. um.. going to be 'crash landing' financially very soon..

Have no idea what is going on now, phone shows full bars yet cannot make calls without physically searching for a network and selecting. Even that is only about 10% effective.

In Dublin here no mobile internet yet apps that require data i.e. RTE and BBC work fine. How is this possible:confused:

Stranger and stranger!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Up in Dublin 3, No problems with either the service or the internet

O2 apparently having issues too with data according to their twitter account

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cookieincork

I am having awful trouble with Internet the last few days...Today is teh worst tho
    I usually never have a problem with Meteor.
    I can make a call and send/receive texts.
    Cant send Picture however.
    Can send/receive pics from Whatsapp...
    Trying to connect to Viber the last few days...Keeps telling me i have no data connection.
    If i click on youtuibe or facebook i can get on to them...but i cannot secure a signal for more than 10 seconds at a time...
    Driving me insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 cookieincork

should i be worried?? Oh i forgot i am in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'm with Meteor and in Westmewath too but havent had any problems of note!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Moved from Vodafone to Meteor in November. Inferior call quality. Slower mobile internet. Wrote to them before Christmas and waiting to hear back from technical department. It's a pity cos I would be saving a fortune compared with the Big Red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

I'm having no problems here (Dún Laoghaire area)
    123414886.png

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

I've only been with meteor the past 3 days having moved from 02 and I've ha nothing but problems with the mobile Internet

Pages are not loading fully and apps not working right....I'm in the Dublin area and using an iPhone 4 Btw

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Redkilkenny

I've had no mobile internet fir past 3-4 days either:-( Meteor are no help!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Anyone else still having problems with meteor? Internet has been very very slow since Tuesday last week, speed test shows I get 0.02 down.. when I rang them alst wednesdya/Thursday they had said their was widespread problems but it just seems it hasn’t been fixed. They’re saying its either my sim or my phone(htc DHD) can anyone confirm if they still have problems? In my work area on my speed test I could get 6-7mb down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Turn off 3g and it works better. I think there is some cockup between Meteor and Vodafone...their roaming partner. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Not quite as bad as last week but it's still not fully fixed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

OSI wrote: »
    I'm still having terrible issues with Meteor and have since before Christmas.

Getting poor to no signal in Dublin. struggling to get 3G, and when I do, there is often a lot of connection failures and packet loss. Starting to get very p*ssed off tbh.

Which Dublin are you in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tonyobrien

hi guys,i live in kildare and i am also experiancing the same problems,more often then not my phone is displaying no network coverage,i recently got a new phone and thought the problem was with that but judging from this post there seems to be a serious issue with meteor and as stated in an earlier post,meteor are not stateing when problem will be fixed,unless meteor themselves dont realise that there is a problem,,,,,,,:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nick1984

same here in wexford my phone has been losing signal displaying no reception the last 2 or 3 days thought at first was the phone but it not have to have it in the window to get 3 bars usually could leave it in my pocket and have full reception my gf's fone has been getting better signal tho

Advertisement