Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi with iOS problems - Renew Lease Issue

Options
  • 05-01-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me with this niggly issue I've been dealing with for over a year.

Summary: None of my iOS devices can connect to my home Wireless network automatically. I can connect, but then after about an hour I I lose the ability to connect to the Internet. My signal shows full strength and I appear to be connected to the Wifi, but I have to go into Settings -> Network -> Renew Lease to get moving again.

Background: I have an Eircom/Zyxel combined Modem/Router that provides my internet and one Wifi Access Point which we'll call AP1. This is Wireless A/B and G I believe. The DHCP range is set up on this router and shared across wifi and wired.

I also have a Belkin Wireless N+ router that is cabled directly to the Eircom/Zyxel Modem/Router and is configured as an AP. We'll call this AP2.

AP1 has wired connections to several computers in my home office

AP2 was set up because AP1 doesn't cover the whole house with its wifi signal. My home office is in an extension, so the signal has to pass through an external block cavity wall and is too attenuated to be picked up in the Sitting Room. I ran a cable from my office into the attic, down the chimney stack and into the sitting room where my AP2 then serves as a wired AP for the Apple TV, PS3 and Smart TV

To the best of my knowledge, both APs are sharing the same DHCP range set up on AP1

Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Advertisement