Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When 2% is 6% or more. Vat increase.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 usamaoreilly

I took a drastic step years ago and just packed up drink altogether...I done so because I was fed up being ripped off by publicans...For years there was no increase in the price of drink in the budget,but not so when you went out for a drink after the budget because the publican had put it up anyway using some kind of lame excuse...So I say now"Let them swim in it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

You shouldn't have gotten your money back, and I'm surprised you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Of course, this is what the everybody told the government, but as usual, no government is ever wrong:(.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/incometax-boost-for-exchequer-but-vat-rate-hike-fails-to-deliver-3038482.html
    Income-tax boost for Exchequer but VAT rate hike fails to deliver

By Brendan Keenan

Saturday March 03 2012

INCREASING the top rate of VAT did not bring in as much revenue as the Government had hoped, new tax figures show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Seriously though.

http://www.causes.com/causes/657986-...ning-pub-trade

Fair play to OP, and glad they were forced to bring it back down. Still, a 5er is a rip off and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I've just returned to Ireland after spending Christmas in England.Like most Irish men I had to have a pint of Guinness when I landed in Dublin Airport. I went to the bar on the arrivals floor in the new terminal. I was charged €5.30 for the pint.When I had been in the same bar when I was going out the same pint was €5. I asked the man behind the bar about the increase and he said it was because of the VAT increase.

There's the problem, you have to have a pint at the airport when you return from a different country?
    All i ever wanna do is get home to my own house

• Advertisement
Advertisement