Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple More

Options
  • 05-01-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭

Negotiations between union members and their employer were at an impasse.

The union denied that their workers were flagrantly abusing their contract’s sick-leave provisions.

One morning at the bargaining table, the company’s chief negotiator held aloft the morning edition of the newspaper,

This man,” he announced, “called in sick yesterday!”

There on the sports page, was a photo of the supposedly ill employee, who had just won a local golf tournament with an excellent score.

The silence in the room was broken by a union negotiator.

“Wow,” he said. “Just think of what kind of score he could have had if he hadn’t been sick!”

This elderly Newfoundland fisherman is on his deathbed and summons his 3 sons to his bedside.

“Well boys, the time is near, and when I pass I’d like to be buried at sea.”

So the boys agreed.

A few days after his passing, the local front page read,

“Local Fishermen Were Shocked Today When Their Nets Brought in Patrick McRay in a Coffin, 3 Shovels and the Bodies of His Three Sons.

Funeral arrangements haven’t yet been made, however, it is believed all wished to be buried at sea.”

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Negotiations between union members and their employer were at an impasse.

The union denied that their workers were flagrantly abusing their contract’s sick-leave provisions.

One morning at the bargaining table, the company’s chief negotiator held aloft the morning edition of the newspaper,

This man,” he announced, “called in sick yesterday!”

There on the sports page, was a photo of the supposedly ill employee, who had just won a local golf tournament with an excellent score.

The silence in the room was broken by a union negotiator.

“Wow,” he said. “Just think of what kind of score he could have had if he hadn’t been sick!”

This elderly Newfoundland fisherman is on his deathbed and summons his 3 sons to his bedside.

“Well boys, the time is near, and when I pass I’d like to be buried at sea.”

So the boys agreed.

A few days after his passing, the local front page read,

“Local Fishermen Were Shocked Today When Their Nets Brought in Patrick McRay in a Coffin, 3 Shovels and the Bodies of His Three Sons.

Funeral arrangements haven’t yet been made, however, it is believed all wished to be buried at sea.”

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Tis not funny if it has to be explained.....

Tis not funny if it has to be explained.....

No I meant the entire second joke. I don't get it at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

No I meant the entire second joke. I don't get it at all.
    The 3 sons thought he meant actually buried at sea hence the 3 shovels and 3 dead sons who I would imagine drowned trying to dig a hole in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Like I said, not funny now....;)

• Advertisement

Like I said, not funny now....;)

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

tres drole!

Advertisement