Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooler for this proc? just a little advice needed :D

Options
  • 05-01-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey guys, have a :

GA-965P-DQ6 (rev. 2.0) p965, ATX, PCI-E

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2422#ov

with

Cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, LGA 775, 64 bit,
    Conroe, 2.4ghz

Stock just wont cut it anymore and i dont know much about cooling fans, could anyone link me to a good for fan for under 20 euro or do i gota spend more ?

Oh preferably on komplett or dabs , hardwareversend is too awkward for one small item like that .

Thanks alot !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

why isn't stock OK? are you overclocking? what clocks do you hope to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

with prime 95 and no OC am hitin 68c

@ 3 ghz oc and prime 95 its hiting over 80c( with stock voltages)

hoping to get 3ghz - 3.2 ghz @ about 60c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

If you wanted, put this on it and it should do the job, fairly easy to install as well, no more bloody fingers! :mad:. Although you might have to go for something a bit more expensive (although the first one keeps my i5 at 4.2 @60-65 on prime 95 blend) like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

^^

Thanks for the info very much appreciated, going go with the more expensive one, with a view to updating my system in the future.

Btw do you know if it comes with thermal paste ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

MX-4 compound (according to some reviews) comes pre-applied so you're all set!

• Advertisement
Advertisement