Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posts/Moments/Threads of 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

DB21 wrote: »
    I'm new here :(

It's my first day.

He said it was his first day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

And we have a winner!
    Apparently Kenny is in two minds about bringing Andy Carroll to London for the FA Cup game against Everton.

He might run him in the Grand National instead.

Sorry, I make jokes when I get worried and I haven't been this worried about a semi since I watched Brokeback Mountain.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77951116&postcount=1092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Morzadec wrote: »
    Can't see anything beating this for post of the year!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76961978&postcount=9
    Worth the infraction

Haha cheers for that. It saves me having to nominate myself :P. And it was definitely worth the infraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You nominated your own unfunny post?

Twice! :pac:

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Twice! :pac:

In fairness, they are two different posts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

In fairness, they are two different posts...

But they both contain his post.. and are quite unfunny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Posters nominating their own posts might be a new low

It wasn't my own posts I was nominating, it was the ones I replied to.
    Sorry if that confused some of you.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

You nominated your own unfunny post?

The criteria for post of the year doesn't have to be 'funny' as such though.

He nominated a post that included a truly retarded suggestion from a United fan that's representative of the knee jerk culture of modern day football.

Seems OK to me.

Blatter wrote: »
    The criteria for post of the year doesn't have to be 'funny' as such though.

He nominated a post that included a truly retarded suggestion from a United fan that's representative of the knee jerk culture of modern day football.

Seems OK to me.

Both posts just seem to be disjointed. It makes no sense if you haven't followed the thread.

And if we were posting "truly retarded" suggestions from threads in here then this thread would have a lot more pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Both posts just seem to be disjointed. It makes no sense if you haven't followed the thread.

And if we were posting "truly retarded" suggestions from threads in here then this thread would have a lot more pages.

Meh...when you see ''Fergie needs to reassess his position tbh'' and then see the thread title is Newcastle v United...most should really get it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

I want everybody possible to see this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78160424&postcount=3123
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'll field it then.

This stuff is very, very simple. In order to want to use Hillsborough as a point scoring measure, you have to be the owner of a dreadfully warped and bitter little mind. In this regard no scenario is excusable:

- That you dislike the idea that the deaths could be publically mourned 23 years on;
    - That you detest the idea that Liverpool might not play on the anniversary 23 years on;
    - That you read something that suggested the behaviour of Liverpool fans on the day contributed in whole or part to some or all of the deaths;
    - That you assume the behaviour of Liverpool fans on the day contributed in whole or part to some or all of the deaths;
    - That you even believe Liverpool fans could have been capable of deliberately behaving in a fashion on the day that would contribute to some or all of the deaths;

If any of the above allign with how you view the event, then you are fully consumed by hate. Infact, you are so twisted by irrational hatred it is probably fair to assume that you are a nasty individual. Best avoided, and certainly not worth engaging with on this forum or anywhere else.

'But what about Heysel?' you probably cry. Yeah, Heysel was a ****ing nightmare. A true stain on the legacy and tradition of this club. Ultimately unforgivable - and good luck finding a Liverpool fan who'll think any different. But that has nothing to do with what took place at Hillsborough, where 96 football fans needlessly lost their lives because of gross incompetence on the part of the police and those organising the fixture.

'But what about the victims of the Bradford Fire or the Ibrox disaster?' you'll surely splutter. Those clubs are absolutely entitled to take any steps they see fit to mourn the shocking loss of life suffered on those days. I don't think you'll find any Liverpool fan who would disrespect their customs in that regard (or the absence of any customs if that is what they have deemed appropriate).

Tragedies don't have to be compared. One is not bigger or smaller than another. All uneccesary loss of life is dreadful, and should be treated as such. Human nature is to be focused on our own experiences and the things that affect ourselves and our own people.

By all means ignore the Hillsborough anniversary if you feel it means nothing to you. That is one thing. But trying to score points off it or undermine its significance to those who have been touched by it or wish to commemerate it? You've hopped the ****ing fence. **** you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no more discussion please.

it makes it a bítch to sift through if people just want to read some good posts.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

This thread needs more action;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78520062&postcount=562
    Where is the female Chelsea physio?
    She lost interest, even she knows none of them are ever actually hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

In response to the statement 'Lucas is the best DM in the EPL at a canter':
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Same as Lucas now, he might be good at cantering but when it comes to defensive midfielders he's extremely average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

One of the moments of the year has to be plasmaguy seeing another one of his early predictions royally fcuk up. Priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

THFC wrote: »
    One of the moments of the year has to be plasmaguy seeing another one of his early predictions royally fcuk up. Priceless.

Priceless indeed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78666079&postcount=605

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

EDIT: Just noticed Xavi 6 has some of these posted above, so funny they deserve a re-read though.

Thought someone would have posted this already (amazing what you will do to put off studying), a few highlights taken from last Sunday's match thread. I know what it's like to have a prediction come back and bite you in the ass.....before kicking you in the balls for good measure, difference is I learned from it.:D

Start off slowly
    plasmaguy wrote: »
    Most neutrals would like to see City do it, although very few neutral supporters these days.

City really struggling today, it takes a right back to score for them and QPR parked the bus in the first half.

Surely City won't bottle it today?

Into bitterness and beyond
    QPR score...can't say I am surprised...was about to post they were going to score but decided against.

City only themselves to blame...

Last 3 games, they've needed 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder to score their goals.

City forwards been poor when really needed in last 3 crucial games.

Ah well seems my guarantee of City not winning the title this year will be proved right.
    Ah well I do hope QPR win now...because there is an awful lot of people on this forum who will be forced to eat humble pie..

I doubt I will get an apology though...

Few posters will be man enough to apologise, just continue with their childish sneering as always...one of the reasons this forum has gone down hill lately...
    City completely out of ideas.

They might get one, but certainly not two.
    recyclebin wrote: »
    The guy with the tattoo can still add /13 to the end of 2012 if they don't win today. So it would read 2012/13.

Or change the 0 to 1...2112..
    City have 20 shots and score 1.

QPR have 2 shots and score 2.

Just one stat from this game.
    Mancini gone if they don't win this, and if he isn't he should be.

I'd say Mark Hughes loving this, the way he was shafted by City.
    Season is never over until last kick of the ball on the final game.

A lesson City fans are learning now.

Ah well a lesson here to sneering fans everywhere who were celebrating pre match.

Well done Alex Ferguson.
    They got one, but still don't think they'll get two.

Bit of humble pie maybe?
    Ah well..fair play..congrats City...

Bitterness back
    Bottlers win the title..

Tomorrows headline...
    Ah in fairness, QPR were down to ten men and relegation strugglers...

12 POSTS TOO LATE
    Right..I'm outta here...things to do...

Well done City...Congrats...

Mad season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Final Day matchthread itself is just brilliant !
    Just read through the whole 40+ pages there, makes for some great reading !
    People totally writing City off, and slating Barton etc !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

From the Netherlands VS Northern Ireland match thread. An assessment of the NI defence.

It's as if every time the Orangemen march forward their instincts are to let them through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I am in contention myself for a post of the year but if I was voting I'd vote for Rasta's gif of the most beautiful woman in the world from the Russian match. It's the greatest gif I've seen. Everything about it is perfect.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79106726&postcount=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I am in contention myself for a post of the year but if I was voting I'd vote for Rasta's gif of the most beautiful woman in the world from the Russian match. It's the greatest gif I've seen. Everything about it is perfect.

I concur. But Jimmy, she's mine!! Rest assured, as Lord is my witness, if you even wink in her direction, i will hunt you down and kill you in the spot you stand on. That is all!!

This was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I don'y know if this has been discussed on the Soccer Forum as I don't frequent it too much but has anyone seen a photo from the crowd in the Ireland vs Croatia match? In it you can see two Croatian birds with their tits out and a drunken Irish guy sucking on one. It's plain weird. If not I'll edit the pic and stick it up.

• Advertisement

I don'y know if this has been discussed on the Soccer Forum as I don't frequent it too much but has anyone seen a photo from the crowd in the Ireland vs Croatia match? In it you can see two Croatian birds with their tits out and a drunken Irish guy sucking on one. It's plain weird. If not I'll edit the pic and stick it up.

i'm lost :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

i'm lost :confused:

Happy to oblige!!!

****NSFW*****

Here we go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The lad in question just tweeted this

#theawkwardmoment when your mother sees you licking diddies on the internet! #COYBIG

It was re tweeted by joe.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Diddies is such a quality word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The lad in question just tweeted this

#theawkwardmoment when your mother sees you licking diddies on the internet! #COYBIG

It was re tweeted by joe.ie

Nothing she hasn't seen before tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

My favourite post this year, from the Euro 2012 hot girls thread:
    closeline wrote: »
    Has anyone a picture of the one in our national anthem with the big tits??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Mikeyt086 explains united fans group man crush for berbatov

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80130163&postcount=8497

Just remembered this typo from Sgt. Pepper on his beloved Chelsea:
    And yes, Buck clearly said the club would be taking steps to make sure we finish 6th and I reckon we are not done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

It's not often Soccer forum makes me laugh out loud but the "Your most hated premiership XI" threw up this gem:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80375432

Hope I linked right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mikeyt086 explains united fans group man crush for berbatov

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80130163&postcount=8497

Have that printed out, majestic

Mr Alan reacts to the news that Liverpool have signed Nuri Sahin

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Holy ****.

I may pull my cock clean off to that news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056738053
    remarkably funny and well behaved

it also included.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80458891&postcount=60

GavRedKing is a full kit wanker!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056738053
    remarkably funny and well behaved

it also included.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80458891&postcount=60

GavRedKing is a full kit wanker!

I was genuinely delighted when he re-opened that. Great to see a thread that made us all laugh together for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

TheDoc wrote: »

I guess one thread wasnt enough for you to go completely over the top in rudiculing the guy's opinion?

Bad aul form tbh, this thread should be a laugh not a spite-fest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah, well when its a stupid opinion,I'll remove the thread for fear of offending any cotton wool that blows through

• Advertisement
Advertisement