Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Account Name

Options
  • 05-01-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I am the account holder and have signed up for Direct Debit and online bills. I would like to change the name on the account but want to keep everything else in place, i.e. still pay the account by DD from my bank account and still receive the bill by email. Is this possible??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Nicol,

Could you send me the following details by private message for verification/security purposes:

- Current name on the account
    - Account number
    - Address on the account
    - Date of birth on the account
    - Contact number on the account
    - Your own full name

Thanks and regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Una,

thanks for the prompt reply; can you let me know if change can be made? If it can I'll PM you my details.

Cheers
    Hi Nicol,

Could you send me the following details by private message for verification/security purposes:

- Current name on the account
    - Account number
    - Address on the account
    - Date of birth on the account
    - Contact number on the account
    - Your own full name

Thanks and regards :)
    Una

Hi Nicol,

It depends on the individual case - sometimes it can require the creation of a new account.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Regards,
    Una

For others reading who may have a similar query: it is possible to add a name to an account, provided all parties give their consent, but a name on an account cannot be replaced - a new account must be set up in the new name, and the account in the previous name closed.

Regards :)
    Una

Advertisement