Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo Penta Stern Drive.

• 05-01-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am having a problem with the stern drive on my boat. The leg is sticking in the up position, when I engage the motor to lower the leg nothing happens, ie not a sound from the motor. The leg can be forced down manually but will not lock in the down position. When I put the boat into reverse the leg lifts out of the water. The leg tilts up just fine. The boat is out of the water now and I was wondering where to start :-). Any help appreciated.

Regards

Paul O' Donovan.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It sounds like the relay switch on the pump or a bad connection between the down switch on the dash and the pump.

A basic setup should look like this, if you are handy with a muiltimeter you can check the power on the green and blue wire coming from the switch at the solenoids as you know it works one way so one will become live when you hit the up if the two become live up/down then check the wire from the solenoid to the pump.

trimWires.gif

Advertisement