Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for event with massive budget?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If a company was having a major event, 50th anniversary etc and had a massive budget (€100,000+) for 1000-1500 employees and open to any ideas what would you suggest, like?
    Open to anything- big bands, celeb speakers, circus etc.

Also anyone know what major party/events big companies have done, like Google etc?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The typical approach is to hire some fancy country house, get some fair ground attractions like dodgems a few bands and nice food and of course a free bar!

One christmas event I went to was in Hampton Court Palace, we were flown over in charter planes and had a night in the banquet hall. The summer event the company hired Thorpe Park for the evening/night with exclusive access to whole park.

In Ireland I have been to private functions at the races, spent the morning shooting pheasants and the afternoon driving atv's and the evening event in a castle. One cool one was a mass party on the Shannon where the company hired a load of cruisers and we all met at a castle on the Shanon for the evening event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers.
    Currently I'm thinking rent out the entire Guinness Storehouse, have a party there, food & drinks, comedian and famous band...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sooters

Guinness storehouse sounds good... it links a them of something that is solid, has lasted 50 years & about to embark on the next 50!!

I worked in America at a balloon decorating company & they did lots of major corporate events.. a big winner was always the balloon drop, its like having a countdown on new years eve, only perhaps this is the birthday way- instead of blowing out candles or use it to unveil your special guests i.e. the band!

Advertisement