Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comix Zone

• 05-01-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

There's this really retero game from 95 called comix zone. Its PC and can be downloaded free and is absolutely class!! the only problem is, its really hard to get far in (you only get a little bit of health and no extra as levels progress). Does anyone else play this game or know any tips??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cathquig wrote: »
    Its PC and can be downloaded free and is absolutely class!!

I agree wholeheartedly with 33% of that sentence or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Best tip for Comix Zone - play it as it is intended, on a Sega Megadrive, not a PC :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Was playing this this morning on a sega collection for the psp

Weird game and quite crap

Bonanza Bros is a good laugh though

One of the best BreakandEntryemups ive ever played:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I very much doubt it's a free legal download considering Sega still releases it in compilations and sells it on Steam and the Virtual Console.

Great game though but bastard hard. Got quite close to the final boss but never did reach him lt alone beat the game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

It was on the megadrive/genesis collection on the ps3/xcube720 and you can buy it off steam for a fiver so its not (legally) free. Megadrive version is the best way to play it as o1s1n says...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I always liked it.

Could never get past the second level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have it as well, probably the best 20 mins fun I've had with a game, that is to the point where I turned it off and played Road Rash 2 instead...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If we had only known what we know now, we could have imported Japanese copies and now live, ala Chester J Lambwick, in our very own solid gold house.

Also the ever diminishing health bar might be one of gaming's most dastardly difficulty devices, up there with the curse from Dark Souls and round two of Ghosts and Goblins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have it as well, probably the best 20 mins fun I've had with a game, that is to the point where I turned it off and played Road Rash 2 instead...

Take that P.E No 1!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Take that P.E No 1!!!!

63484-road-rash-3-tour-de-force-genesis-screenshot-busted-by-a-police.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I played the first level of this on the PS3 ultimate megadrive collection just to get the trophy, very frustrating !!
    If only I could beat Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Macine to get the platinum :(

Just noticed there is the full version of this on the PSN. Think I'll pass, not for me.

Ed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eddhorse wrote: »
    I played the first level of this on the PS3 ultimate megadrive collection just to get the trophy, very frustrating !!
    If only I could beat Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Macine to get the platinum :(

Good luck with that, Robotnik is an absolute joke in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (aka Puyo Puyo) is the only game I ever was ace at.

I was just looking at the Comix Zone Cartridge on my shelf here a minute ago before I noticed this thread. I haven't play it in donkey's years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Have the password to get to the last level but way too fast for me, stupid beans.

Might give Comix Zone another play just for the sake of this thread though.

Advertisement