Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weanlings for the mart

• 05-01-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

I have 5 weanlings that will be going to the mart in Febraury. Am feeding good qulaity hay and weanling nuts. They have good quality water and get regular dosing. Is there anything else such as licks/feed that I should introduce in order to get them in optimum condition for sale?
    Advice appreciated.
    Bye the way roughly what prices are friesan heifer weanlings making? (born June 2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

I have 5 weanlings that will be going to the mart in Febraury. Am feeding good qulaity hay and weanling nuts. They have good quality water and get regular dosing. Is there anything else such as licks/feed that I should introduce in order to get them in optimum condition for sale?
    Advice appreciated.
    Bye the way roughly what prices are friesan heifer weanlings making? (born June 2011)

There is a minerals available that will bring up a shine on weanlings, I started using bagged mineral on my weanlings two months pre sale, it's worthwhile IMO. It's relatively cheap two. If feeding for two months u'd see the results in terms of thrive and general appearance.
    Not well up on friesan weanling prices, so no help there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The_Raker

What is name of minerals and are they readily available many thanks for suggestion.

The_Raker wrote: »
    What is name of minerals and are they readily available many thanks for suggestion.

Not sure if my local co-op stock any specific for weanlings, but my local Agritech Distributor provides a mineral called Multiboost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Advice appreciated.

saw friesan heifers being sold today in kilkenny
    making about 350-400 along with weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

"with the weight", sorry but I am a bit new to this term. What does it mean?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

"with the weight", sorry but I am a bit new to this term. What does it mean?
    Thanks

its a phase youll hear a good bit, say a bullock was 450kg and he sold for €865 that would make him being sold for €415 along with the weight(kg)

patjack wrote: »
    It's a bit decieving though discussing prices paid for animals using with the weight terminology. For
    e.g. 1 300kg animal making €750, so this is €350 along with the weight or €2.50 per kg.
    e.g. 2 400kg animal making €950, so this is €550 along with the weight or €2.37 per kg.

So I like pricing per k.g. as you can see from above e.g 1 has a better price per kg but a poorer price if you use with the weight terminology.

My too lightest/youngest animals made the most money per k.g.

One thing I noticed don't know if anyone else seen it or has an explanation for it, in general the heavier your commercial weanling was the less you got per k.g....

Advertisement