Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Nike and iPod Sport Kit

• 05-01-2012 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of these ? Are they any good ?

Thinking of getting one for my ipod touch, Do I just need the sensor rather than the sports kit if im not using it on the Nano ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone got one of these ? Are they any good ?

Thinking of getting one for my ipod touch, Do I just need the sensor rather than the sports kit if im not using it on the Nano ?

I think for the nano (depending on the version) you will need the receiver for it as well..
    Loved it on the nano as it encouraged me to take up running and keep at it.
    Pity it sucks so badly on the iphone 4...calibration and too many bugs so I stopped using it.
    If you're running outdoors you're better off getting the nike + gps instead as it's far more accurate. Sensor can be upto 5-10% off.

I also like the Nike+ website..you could track your whole run and see where you were falling behind. Plus you could join in competions with other users and set yourself goals such as fastest 10km, most miles in a month etc..
    I'm a bit out of the loop but I think now they have a compatible heart monitor for it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Blazer wrote: »
    I think for the nano (depending on the version) you will need the receiver for it as well..
    Loved it on the nano as it encouraged me to take up running and keep at it.
    Pity it sucks so badly on the iphone 4...calibration and too many bugs so I stopped using it.
    If you're running outdoors you're better off getting the nike + gps instead as it's far more accurate. Sensor can be upto 5-10% off.

I also like the Nike+ website..you could track your whole run and see where you were falling behind. Plus you could join in competions with other users and set yourself goals such as fastest 10km, most miles in a month etc..
    I'm a bit out of the loop but I think now they have a compatible heart monitor for it as well.

Any idea what its like for the ipod touch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

if your getting the little chip that sits into your runners instead of buying nike runners, i'd recommend something like this to hold it in place. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SwitchEasy-RunAway-Holder-Nike-iPod-Sports-Kit-Crystal-/360420481569?pt=UK_CE_MP3Access_RL&hash=item53eabc1a21

They had one left yesterday downstairs in elverys in suffock st for €5 if thats any good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ryaner777 wrote: »
    if your getting the little chip that sits into your runners instead of buying nike runners, i'd recommend something like this to hold it in place. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SwitchEasy-RunAway-Holder-Nike-iPod-Sports-Kit-Crystal-/360420481569?pt=UK_CE_MP3Access_RL&hash=item53eabc1a21

They had one left yesterday downstairs in elverys in suffock st for €5 if thats any good for you.

Cheers I will need something like that Im not buying new runners for it. I was looking at this but they look a bit flimsy to me.

yeah that looks a bit rough to be honest, I'll try find a link to the one i seen in elverys.

• Advertisement

Advertisement