Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belly piercings

Options
  • 05-01-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I heard that belly peircings can't be givien in some places to people under 16. I know they're prone to infection and can be real sore but is there any other reason why they can't be given to under 16s?? Or is it just the shops choice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Belly piercings? I assume you simply mean a surface piercing on the stomach area. Lots of reasons.

1. - Someone under 16 is less likely to look after the piercing properly, leading to higher chance of infection/rejection.

2. - Young people's bodies are still growing and changing, meaning there's less chance of the piercing staying in place, and higher chance of migration/rejection of the piercing.

3. - The area has a lot of movement, leading to constant irritation of the piercing, and a very high chance of migration/rejection.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cathquig

Sorry, I meant belly button piercings. I didn't know people got other parts of their bellys pierced.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Me neither. Same reasons apply though!

Advertisement