Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Green Bin

Options
  • 05-01-2012 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a new standard household green bin?

I've been on greenbin.ie and the Dublin City Council website and I can't find any info.

I've also tried calling D.C.C. and am just left on hold!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

2 years ago €50, a neighbour of mine rang a few months ago and got a secondhand free.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was told 30e but i have never been charged

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a new standard household green bin?

I've been on greenbin.ie and the Dublin City Council website and I can't find any info.

I've also tried calling D.C.C. and am just left on hold!

Thanks!

Does the Green Bin collection be contracted out to Greyhound Waste?
    If so, try them on :

http://www.greyhoundrecycling.com/

Domestic Customers:
    Phone: Locall 1890 929 333
    Fax: 01-4571234
    Email: customercare@greyhound.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

irishbird wrote: »
    i was told 30e but i have never been charged

Think that might be for the smaller one but don't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I finally got through to them over lunchtime.

I was told it's free, it will be delivered within the next 10 days, and they will take away the old broken bin!

• Advertisement

I finally got through to them over lunchtime.

I was told it's free, it will be delivered within the next 10 days, and they will take away the old broken bin!

Just to clear things up, was it Dublin City Council or Greyhound that you got through to?

Just to aid future searchers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

kceire wrote: »
    Just to clear things up, was it Dublin City Council or Greyhound that you got through to?

Just to aid future searchers :D

Sorry - Dublin City Council!

Aren't DCC the ones who distribute the bins regardless of the service provider? It was originally Oxigen that collected the green bins - but Dublin City Council delivered them all in the first place..

Sorry - Dublin City Council!

Aren't DCC the ones who distribute the bins regardless of the service provider? It was originally Oxigen that collected the green bins - but Dublin City Council delivered them all in the first place..

Dont know tbh, im based in Finglas, but im Fingal County Council, and i remember the week i moved in, an Oxygen low bed truck was in the estate handing them out, but that was 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Well ours was free, we couldn't get one unless we were already paying for a black bin. I think we got ours through Greyhound.

Advertisement