Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA high chair recall.

Options
  • 05-01-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ikea-issues-alert-over-highchairs-after-faulty-belt-injures-children-2980422.html
    PARENTS who bought a certain batch of high chairs from Ikea are being urged to get in touch after several children were injured due to a faulty belt.

The retailer said customers who have an Antilop high chair from supplier #17389 and production date 0607-0911 - the numbers are moulded into the underside of the seat - should contact its customer services department immediately.

The move comes after eight reports of the belt opening, causing children to fall, resulting in three minor injuries.

In a statement, the company said: "The high chair belt can open unexpectedly in use, creating a fall hazard.

"IKEA has received eight reports of belt opening, including three resulting in minor injury when a child fell from the high chair."

It said only Antilop high chairs from supplier #17389 with production dates 0607-0911 are affected.

Customers with affected chairs are being asked to visit Ikea or contact customer services on 0845 358 3364 to receive a replacement belt free of charge.

The statement added: "No other high chairs are affected. Ikea apologises for any inconvenience this may cause."

i have a couple of these chairs... iv'e spoken to Ikea, my chairs have the supplier number, but not the production date, the said they will still need to replace the belt as some chairs dont have a date on them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have one I bought in April and another a friend gave me, they both have the production dates, so they are sending out 2 belts tome. Its a good thing its only the belt, I'm miles away from Dublin and wouldn't be able to return anything.

My 1 year old did get the belt open, but she can open anything.

Advertisement