Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short play name??

• 05-01-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I was in a short play when I was in secondary school. There was three people in it. 2 x male and 1 x female.

It is set in a pub, one man is the bar man and the other is a stranger to town, they fight for the love of the bar maid. It started with a strange, 'Is this the house next door?' dialogue between the two men. I can't remember much more of it now to be honest.

If someone knows the name of this and where i could get a copy of the script I would really appreciate it. I meant to keep it but it got lost during a couple of house moves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Can you remember if it was an Irish play?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

It was set in rural Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Here's a shortlist on Irishplayography.com - using one act, and 2 male/1 female.

If the link expires you can do a search yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Could your teachers have adapted the opening to "The Playboy of the Western World"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

This is driving me mad. It reminds me of a play I saw in the Gate a couple of years ago but I just can't remember the title.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    This is driving me mad. It reminds me of a play I saw in the Gate a couple of years ago but I just can't remember the title.
    That reminds me of 'Poor Beast in the Rain' by Billy Roche which I saw in the Gate.
    I think it had more than three in it, but maybe the OP used a scene or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Sounds very like it might be a truncated version of The Weir by Conor McPherson. In the play, there are two more male characters, but it may have been restructured for a school production. It's set in a rural Irish pub. The girl in it (the only female cast member) is from Dublin, but is renting a house in the area.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sounds very like it might be a truncated version of The Weir by Conor McPherson. In the play, there are two more male characters, but it may have been restructured for a school production. It's set in a rural Irish pub. The girl in it (the only female cast member) is from Dublin, but is renting a house in the area.

Thank you! That's the very one I was trying to remember, I wonder if it's the one the OP was thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

I will check out 'Poor Beast', its on by a drama group nearby soon. I will check 'The Weir' as well.

If I fInd either to be correct, I'll post it.

Thanks.

Advertisement