Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is littlewoods ireland is?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

:mad: had very very very bad experience with them just couple days ago!!! the same as i found in this thread. same situation, ordered some sofa 27.12.2011 fallowed all instructions was happy im getting new sofa, but as days passed i saw my card wasnt charged, so i rang to customer service to ask if something wrong, they been sending me from department to department asking me stupid questions like how old are you:confused:, ok it fine i touhgt its the way the work, so at the end they said my card was declined, i tought its strange but i said ill ring to my bank, so i did and my bank answered that that transaction were appruved, so i rang to littlewoods again saying that my card is ok, the girl tryed again to do transaction but said nope its declained again and ofered me to speak with an other department i said yes why not, so about 15 min being on hold an other girl answered saying that they rang twice to dublin office and my card was declined AND MY ACCOUNT ARE CLOSED now :confused::confused::confused:, why i ask her, she said i fail security chek:confused:, when i ask her what is it means , she couldnt answer , when i ask if i can pay by cash some how, she said NO! your account are closed!
    can someone please explain to me what is theyrs security chek is???
    and now days companys trying hard to get customers and this company just said NO to the customer who wanted spend more then 1000 eu in threyr shop!!!
    was so pissed off with this attitude, i email to customer service department saying the same as i said above, today ive got eamil from customer service saying: please contact us ...... to discuss your account. ok i tought they wanted to appologize to me or something! hahaha... i am very naive so, the woman who answered ask me how she can help me, i said im calling as IAN WILSON email me saying contact this number regarding my account , and: LISTEN THAT NOW, she said ; ah noo no one wanted talk to you your account are closed, i ask why she said the same blalbla about secur, chek and when i ask her what is it means , she said read therms and conditions!!!! !!!! what a JOKE ! never had this problems and even never heard from others! thank god i found this forum, and i see im not alone, hahha... well there is loads of shops who sells sofas without any HASSELS! or , im just thinking im not good customer for them as im not buying in credit for theirs 39%!
    Stokolan wrote: »
    Id love to know who runs their sales section.

Ordered some stuff the 27th from their website but for some reason my Credit card failed to authorise. Ok maybe I put the number in wrong. Tried again same issue so one last attempt real slow as I usually type my cc number fast, nah failed. Within a few min my cc company was calling me to ensure that my credit card wasn't stolen, asked me a few questions and told me I should be able to buy now.

So off i went ordered my 2 items value of €550, all is good I think Christmas week so probably wont get sent out till sometime this week.

Logged into my little woods account to see if there was any update to find credit rejected beside my order. ??? what's this about.

Rang them today, after being on hold 20 min I get onto a girl who tells me she has to transfer me to the right department for this. odd i think as i selected the check order status option when i dialled in.

Got through to the next girl and she takes a few more details and then tells me I failed a security check and she cant sell me the items. She said even tho its a cash sale and not store credit she still cant sell it to me.

Ask her if I re order will it work, Nope Once you fail the security check that's it. you cant buy anything. Bit of a joke really.

Asked her if she could tell me what the check was that I failed. she wouldn't. Fair enough. She then apologised for the inconvenience to which i told her it doesn't bother me I'm just going to go elsewhere and buy, your loss..

Granted its probably the credit card issue I had that caused this. But you think that after ringing them they could sort it out rather then just say. Once you failed that's it!!! also with the way the economy is gone they would be looking to sell stuff.

Guess I'll just have to get off me ass and have a look around at a few shops now :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've moved your post to its own thread as the original thread was old.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

That's nuts just take your business elsewhere, you will probably find a couch of better quality/look (whatever your into) elsewhere......they overcharge for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I tried to buy stuff of Littlewoods once and found them impossible to deal with. Their credit and payment department seem to be divorced from their sales business. I figured life was too short and vowed never to deal with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think their great.
    I had an account with them before got 350 euro worth of clothes of them. Paid back a couple of months payments and went to get more and they declined me. As another account was opened up in my name. I had no knowledge of it and told her and she said that it had my phone number. Date of birth address and all else was wrong and I said sure some one could of set it up messing as a lot of people in my phonebook know my number. No go my account was restricted and I paid them off.
    My girlfriend opened up an account with them at the same time and never made a payment and they had to hound her for the money, her account is still active.
    So a paying customer was refused but a non paying customer was okayed.

Turned out my brother opened up an account under my name, his own, r. Drake Ramora and many others. Apparently a doctor with no outgoings and gets the same credit limit as a unemployed person. Go figure.
    No go

Please stick to the original topic, rather than posting your own experiences. They can go into the Best/Worst Customer Service thread.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Just had the same experience.
    Bought and paid for an item. Credit card debited and all but no sign of the item.
    After two weeks rang and was told they wouldn't ship the item to a business address and my account was closed.
    (i used my work address as nobody at home to sign for stuff during the day).
    No communication to say they had an issue despite having my money.
    Offered to give them my home address which is also my credit card address but they wouldn't do anything.
    They clearly have no interest in selling to anyone willing to pay for stuff. They just want to hook you into the credit trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Weird, I ordered some clothes off my credit account which was just opened last week and had to make an initial payment to verify my account, and got all of the items today - everything as described and reasonably priced.

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement