Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snaping

• 05-01-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have a 2 year old dog how spends mostt of her time in the garden. Shes never been treated badly and is walked regurlarly but has become a problem with snapping. She goes to the gate near our front door and loves getting petted by the family. But if anyone not family (including good friends how come over alot) goes to pet her (she looks friendly otherwise) she snaps at them. I've tried discouraging her from going near the gate but since no one else is, that isn't orking. Im worried she'll bite someone badly if this continues, does anyne have any advice to help with this anti social behaviour???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Keep her in the back garden, or in the house.

She's just doing her job, guarding the pack, from her point of view. You can train her gradually to be nice to people who come in, but if you don't want a lawsuit, I'd keep her in rather than let her snapping become serious.

Advertisement