Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 year old lad going to Australia

Options
  • 05-01-2012 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I'm new to this site. I have been unemployed for the last 9 months and want to move to Australia. I have about 3,000 euro saved. I was readin an irish blog where it said i can sort my own visa and baank account and stuff instead of using usit and it will save me money. has anyone done this themselves and was it a lot of hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bootsx

I did it all myself and im over here now with no problems. Go onto immi.gov and get your whv there, i recommend getting your flights through a travel agency and then when you arrive set up a bank account and get a mobile. dont bother trying to set up an account before you leave. just carry some cash on you and then leave the rest in your irish account. when ur australian one is set up just transfer it over. i would also recommend that you bring more money than that, try save as much as you can but minimum of 3500 is recommended.

hope this is some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Hi Johns1991, I applied for the WHV myself through the oz immigration website http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/ it is pretty straight forward and all you need is a credit card. Think its something like $270 which was about €200 roughly back in September. It usually takes between 1-3 days to process.

Regarding bank account, I need to do this myself in the next week or two, but my mate that went over used this this threat as a guide http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73021962#post73021962 its really good and there are alot of pointers on there regarding flights, insurance and accomm. My mate opened his account with NAB from here before he went in October. All he did then once he got to Sydney was call into a branch with his passport to confirm his details.

Hope this helps!!

Where you thinking of heading?

Advertisement