Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ohh dear, that'll be dear...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

new straps on the shopping list for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Indeed, the amount of unsecured loads you see on the back of tractor trailers, with the "shure it'll be grand, they'll stay put under their won weight" mindset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

that poor audi driver doesnt know what he is in for dealing with insurance companies. wait till he starts dealing with the insurance companies loss assessors :confused:

Had a similiar incident 2 years ago where a driver of a 4x4 hit my house while driving home from the pub. he travelled 65 meters from the time he left the road through a laurel hedge and into the wall of the house at 1.50am :rolleyes:. still not sorted .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

thats a nasty mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

back pain..shoulder problems :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

back pain..shoulder problems :rolleyes:
    My thoughts exactly vander. To be fair the car would probably cost as much as quoted to fix but there wasnt a massive amount of damage done and I would doubt he felt an awful impact. I know everyone is different but I crashed a civic head on into a double stone wall doing about 50 a few years ago and it didnt knock a stir out of me luckily enough. Im pretty sure I made more of an impact and the car was a foot shorter. People always seem to get back injury's when there is a chance of handy money though, Sad to say but I know plenty of fraud claims for the same. Reckon you would be more likely to get back pain and shoulder problems from sleeping the wrong way than you would have in that collision. He was lucky though that it hit the back of the car and didnt come in the windscreen into him. I have seen some very badly loaded trailers with no straps holding down bales on the road, some people just have no sense. I have often come across a round bale on our road from the neighbour drawing bales with his six bale trailer, the only reason it happens is because he wont take the time to load it properly and wont turn his head now and again to keep an eye on it, pure ridiculous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

to be fair there's a big difference between back pain and lasting back pain.

I've had a few tips in the last few years and have had anti inflammatories after each one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Saw a post on another site, fella wondering how he'd get on after being stopped doing 93mph, ended his post by pleading (with whom I do not know) that he couldn't afford to lose his license. Why was he doing 93mph? Because he didn't believe the actual speed limit was realistic :rolleyes:

What's my point? There are still a good few out there who think they'll never get caught out, whatever they're at. Time it would have taken to strap up that load? Don't know but I don't know any farmer who pays himself enough to say that amount of his time was worth more than the bill he's going to be landed with for that Audi or his future insurance premium.

They reckon crime doesn't pay, not sure I agree with that statement. One thing for sure, stupidity certainly doesn't.

Advertisement