Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interrailing 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

slatterg wrote: »
    So I'm going to be doing something similar around a couple of Pearl jam Gigs the dates of the ones i am going to are the 26 and 27th of june in Amsterdam 2 of Jul Prague, 4 and 5th Jul Berlin, after these gigs I'm not sure weather to head down through germany and on to italy or maybe go east. i have at least a grand and the concert tickets already bough.

so any recommendations on where to travel in italy and germany after berlin?

italys expensive. go to krakow and budapest

• Registered Users Posts: 12 maccerrs

I know this is really late but i thought I share some of my experiences of the trip, which was the best of my life.

We went for 28days in total.

The route we took was as follows:
    -June 6th left Dublin for Berlin
    -7th Berlin
    -8th Berlin
    -9th Left Berlin to Poznan
    -10th Poznan
    -11th Poznan
    -12th Left Poznan and traveled to Gdansk/Sopot
    -13th Gdansk/Sopot
    -14th Gdansk/Sopot (took a night train to Krakow)
    -15th Krakow
    -16th Krakow
    -17th Krakow
    -18th Krakow
    -19th Krakow (night train to Budapest)
    -20th Budapest
    -21st Budapest
    -22nd Budapest
    -23rd Budapest
    -24th Pag Island, Croatia
    -25th Pag Island, Croatia
    -26th Pag Island, Croatia
    -27th Pag Island, Croatia
    -28th Ljubljana
    -29th Lake bled
    -30th Lake Bled
    -July 1st Lake Bled (night train/bus to Prague)
    -July 2nd Prague
    -July 3rd Prague
    -July 4th Prague (fly home to Dublin)

Just some details about our trip:

We went to 9 places in 28days and it didn't feel like we were travelling all the time.

We went to two matches at Euro2012 (IrelandvCroatia, IrelandvSpain).

Krakow was my favourite city, really cheap, loads to do during the day and insane nightlife.

I spent a total of €2500, that includes everything. Flights, trains, buses, accommodation (mostly in top 5 rated hostels in city on hostelworld , food (we mostly ate out), drink (we drank heavily almost every night) and activities.

We did a lot of activities from walking tours, an Auschwitz tour to white water rafting and canyoning to a booze cruise and gun shooting.

If anyone has any questions and wants some advice I'd be glad to try and help you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement