Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for friend in Ireland

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello, I live in the United States and recently went to Ireland to vacation. I met a very nice man I would like to send a gift to from the States but I have no idea what. My question is, what kind of gift would someone from Ireland like and enjoy. Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 marge0512

I failed to mention that he is 51 years old and I do know he enjoys reading books that are non-fiction. I can't think of a book that he would enjoy or appreciate from the United States but that is because my friends here like to read magazines or something like Stephen King books and he did tell me he doesn't read things like that. But, it doesn't have to be a book. He never mentioned any hobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What sort of budget do you have? I think a voucher for a nice restaurant local to him would be great! It's a lovely 'thank you' for hospitality

Do you want to buy it in the USA and post it or buy something online in Ireland to be delivered

That sounds nice. As far as budget, maybe $50 euros?? Is that ok? I'm thinking I could buy here in the States because he is coming to visit some friends here in a few months and we are going to get together so I can actually give it to him.

Well, since no one really has any ideas, how about this......you mentioned a voucher for a nice restaurant.......how about advice on restaurants that I can order online. I would have to hand it to him when he comes to the States because I don't have his address and I wouldn't feel comfortable asking him for it through email without a reason......well, maybe I can say to send him a card. Anyway, any advice on the names of restaurants? I don't know any. I do know he lives in Dublin.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

http://trocadero.ie/
    http://www.winding-stair.com

Even if these places don't have the pre-designated option of buying a voucher I'm sure they could accommodate you/perhaps they don't advertise the option.
    Best of luck

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for this information!! I will check it out. Also, I emailed him earlier to ask him what his hobbies are besides reading and he said swimming. I can't think of a nice gift for that hobby either. Oh well, I think a voucher is going to be the best bet.

Advertisement