Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money lenders in limerick

• 05-01-2012 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Im looking for a money lender in limerick ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i understand that you're looking for a money lender, but could i first suggest perhaps that you talk to MABS? they will talk to your debtors on your behalf and try and come to an arrangement agreeable to both parties, thereby avoiding the exorbitant interest rates charged by money lenders.

http://www.mabs.ie/contact-mabs/limerick/

i cannot stress enough that you avoid money lenders, please, and instead give MABS a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Then you are looking for trouble. Take the advice above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, are you referring to an above bord lender/institution or a loan shark who prays off desperate people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 limerickbanter

Well of course I would prefer an above board money lender, but desperate times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Ditto that. Take the advice, no matter how bad you think things are, getting involved with those bloodsuckers has driven more than a few people to contemplate and indeed commit suicide.

I presume you've gone to Credit Unions, etc.,

While the likes of a Jordan Estates, Provident (if they still exist) type of lender are legit. they are really not much above the criminal element in terms of charges, although they don't come around with baseball bats, afaik, they are to be avoided if at all possible.

MABS are really good at what they do, contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Well of course I would prefer an above board money lender, but desperate times.

if i may be so blunt as to put this in simple terms for you-

financial institutions just want their money back, and are willing to be more than reasonable to accomodate you.

a money lender doesnt want you to pay the money back, they want to keep you forever in debt, paying ridiculous interest, where for example €100 can cost you as much as €600 in interest payments alone.

these types of money lenders calling to your door were popular in the 80's and seem to be making somewhat of a comeback due to the current economic climate.

you even see in the UK now these "pay day" lenders who again charge ferocious interest rates (4,214% APR according to wonga.com, to give you some idea!)

seriously OP, make a call to MABS before you make a call to a money lender and give yourself some peace of mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement