Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

marts that sell calves

• 05-01-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

im looking to compile a list of marts in Ireland that sell calves, the days, times and with approx how many calve they sell at the mart.

OK

Carnaross, Co Meath - Monday 11am approx 100-120 calves
    Delvin Co Westmeath - Thurs 11am (never been to it)(Not back till Feb 2012)
    Bandon Co Cork - Monday 11am
    Castleisland Co Kerry - Monday 11am

etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mallethead

Carnew in Wicklow Saturday at 11 around 100 calves
    Blessington in Wicklow Thursdays at 11 can up to 10 to 120 ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

ardee sell on a tuesday at 2... only around 40 or so calves there before christmas but will be more in the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Closer to you would be Ballyjamesduff. I think they sell calves on Tuesday at 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Appreciate the link pakalasa. i see very few of the marts have any details up at all.

pakalasa wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Ballybay on a Saturday Morning, I think they start selling from 9:30.
    Useful as it's a Saturday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

macroom saturday morning 10.30
    kilmallock monday morning 11
    carlow monday 11/11.30
    kilkenny monday 12.30
    thats all i can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cam1452

new ross saturdays 11pm in the peck 400-600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mayowillie

ennis on tuesday could b up on 300 out in the month of March, plus cashel in tipperary on a saturday could have 200. I go to these 2 every March/ April, out of the 2 I'd rather Cashel, because calfs are very dear in Ennis, but you get a great calf in Ennis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jdmurf

Dungarvan Monday noon
    Bandon Monday
    Kanturk tues noon
    Fermoy/ corrrin Tuesday 11.30
    Cahir Wed noon
    Skibbereen Fri 11.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

they are goin up in price at least got 270 eruo for a british friesen bull , have a lot of lads that bought from me last year ringing up aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

Carrigallen on a Saturday 1pm i think 30 to 50 each week, varies quiet a bit

Advertisement