Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Students allowed in Student Bar?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

Does anyone know if past alumni of UCD are allowed into the student bars? I left there after 4 happy years in 2003 and we are in the region in a few weeks and wouldn't mind having a pint for old times sake, show my hubby around. Yes we may look like dinosaurs but I would cringe if we were turned away for not having student cards!

Does anyone know if we can get in?

Oh and whats this i hear about the sports bar being closed? Disaster if true! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

susie99 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know if past alumni of UCD are allowed into the student bars? I left there after 4 happy years in 2003 and we are in the region in a few weeks and wouldn't mind having a pint for old times sake, show my hubby around. Yes we may look like dinosaurs but I would cringe if we were turned away for not having student cards!

Does anyone know if we can get in?

Oh and whats this i hear about the sports bar being closed? Disaster if true! :(

Unless its particularly busy (first/last day of term, for example) they don't check student cards so you'll be fine.

And yes, the sports bar is gone. Closed down 6 or so years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Unless its particularly busy (first/last day of term, for example) they don't check student cards so you'll be fine.

And yes, the sports bar is gone. Closed down 6 or so years ago.

They also check student cards if there is an event on in the bar such as a big gig.

For the most part you will be fine though

Advertisement