Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus Tickets

• 05-01-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey everyone, not 100% sure this is the right place to post but I was wondering if someone could help clear this up for me.
    I go to college and buy the weekly bus tickets for dublin bus to get me to and from and not have to worry about change. I was in college to study today and one of my friends came in, really angry, because a dublin bus driver had said they dont accept the bus tickets anymore, that it was all leap tickets or whatever they are now. I had just bought a bus ticket but didn't use it today because I had a lift to college, but now I'm really worried that I've wasted 16.50 on a ticket they're "not accepting"
    It doesn't say it on the website as far as I can see and they're still being sold in shops. Any ideas anyone? Did the bus driver just explain it incorrectly to my friend or am I down 16.50?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I assume you're talking about the Rambler or Travel90 ticket, or whatever it's called nowadays? Afaik, they should still be valid. The Leap card is only one form of payment for using the bus. Dublin Bus have not (yet) phased out the other weekly/monthly/annual/time-based tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

Hopefully it hasn't, I won't be a happy bunny if I'm sitting at the bus stop tomorrow and I'm told I cant use it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Best ask in the Commuting & Transport forum but I had a gander in there and the talk was all about how more people will be using the Travel90 tickets and Leap cards as they are a good bit cheaper than cash now.

It was bus drivers and people from CIE who were contributing to the debate so I would presume that they are still working fine. Either your friend or the bus driver was in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

If bus fares are gone up, why is the 30 Day student travelcard still €82? I presume that all the other student tickets have not increased either. I don't know if it is the same for children or adults...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

AmyMaria wrote: »
    Hey everyone, not 100% sure this is the right place to post but I was wondering if someone could help clear this up for me.
    I go to college and buy the weekly bus tickets for dublin bus to get me to and from and not have to worry about change. I was in college to study today and one of my friends came in, really angry, because a dublin bus driver had said they dont accept the bus tickets anymore, that it was all leap tickets or whatever they are now. I had just bought a bus ticket but didn't use it today because I had a lift to college, but now I'm really worried that I've wasted 16.50 on a ticket they're "not accepting"
    It doesn't say it on the website as far as I can see and they're still being sold in shops. Any ideas anyone? Did the bus driver just explain it incorrectly to my friend or am I down 16.50?
    From the price you have a 5 day rambler ticket which is still available and still in use by all Dublin Bus services, in fact you can not currently get your student ticket put onto the leap card and this is not expected till later in the year if at all the way the leap launch is going.

Either your friend was not fully awake and misheard the driver or the driver was talking rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

07438991 wrote: »
    If bus fares are gone up, why is the 30 Day student travelcard still €82? I presume that all the other student tickets have not increased either. I don't know if it is the same for children or adults...

It is only the cash fares that have gone up so far :) all the bus tickets are still the usual price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

AmyMaria wrote: »
    It is only the cash fares that have gone up so far :) all the bus tickets are still the usual price

until march 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

maxer68 wrote: »
    until march 1st

You sure that it's March the 1st because I may have to stock up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

Probaly a stupid question but I was just wondering that if you buy say a weekly or Travel 90 ticket before they rise in cost in the foreseeable future would they still be valid to use after the cost has increase if you hve not used them yet i.e would it be best off for people to stock up on these cards before the price increase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

billyhead wrote: »
    Probaly a stupid question but I was just wondering that if you buy say a weekly or Travel 90 ticket before they rise in cost in the foreseeable future would they still be valid to use after the cost has increase if you hve not used them yet i.e would it be best off for people to stock up on these cards before the price increase?
    Yes, if you buy dozens before the price increases they are valid until they expire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Feck! A monthly pass here costs about 35 euro. I don't feel so bad having to pay it now. Of course, I do have a few feet of snow to contend with in order to get from one tram to the next.

The Irish transport system has always been a mess. It wasn't so bad in the 90s when a train ticket was affordable, but the prices just kept on going up and up and up, with no linking to standard of living.

Of course Noel Dempsey was in charge of a lot of that, and I have to say there was a man who was out of his depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

07438991 wrote: »
    You sure that it's March the 1st because I may have to stock up?
    Heads up! It's sooner than that - Prepaid Prices increase February 19th 2012

Get em as soon as ya can in case they run out of old stock. The travel 90 will still work out cheapest (adult fare, Leap included) for a single trip over 13 stages (previous cash fare 2.30eur now 2.65eur).

Fare comparison

It is what it's.

Advertisement