Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best job site for Software devs?

• 05-01-2012 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Just wondering which Job site people think is best for recruiting software developers ? Have tried Jobs.ie and response was poor even though it's the biggest (and priciest) site.

I suspect that because developers are in demand that candidates just let agencies do the work for them rather than doing some hunting themselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Just wondering which Job site people think is best for recruiting software developers ? Have tried Jobs.ie and response was poor even though it's the biggest (and priciest) site.

I suspect that because developers are in demand that candidates just let agencies do the work for them rather than doing some hunting themselves.

This can be the case, at least to some extent. Most agencies maintain mailing lists of developers and can let them know when jobs that are suitable to their field become available.

That said developers can also identify the companies they wish to work with and approach directly. Though overall I think would be fair to say that agencies have a good handle on the IT market, especially at a mid to senior level.

Regarding advertising- I find Irishjobs.ie best for IT positions, Monster & Jobs.ie don't perform as well in my experience. But I wouldn't expect a big response from any of them, developers are in such demand now that we are importing them from Spain, Portugal, Russia, Ukraine, Poland and sometimes Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As a software developer, I've used Agencies. While some are good and some not so good, I eventually got a job off my own bat.

I use indeed.com. I believe it's a type of "google" for tech job sites. If you are looking to post up a job, here's some advice. Just put it up once. Any more than that, indeed.com will show each and every one. I ignore spam jobs like that, regardless.

EDIT : What job is it? I have a friend who is looking for a high end development job. He is an exception low level developer.

Advertisement