Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Plus Sofa - Refund or Replacment - Small Claims Court

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Hi, yes I was advised to send in the Sherif but you dont know where to send them to!!! They wont give out an address where they are and you cant actually get any sense out of them if you ring there customer service no. Thats if you even get to speak to someone. They are registered here in Mullingar under the companies registration office but that is only a warehouse.
    Worse company I have ever dealt with.

Send him to the shop you bought it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Zab wrote: »
    Send him to the shop you bought it from?

+1 Thats exactly what the customer that sued us did. The head office was just around the corner too :)

Send them into Longmile and have them take a few sofas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CPS: Lee

Hi Kilkenny Cat,

Thank you for contacting me and bringing the issue to my attention. As discussed we are looking into your issue raised.

As soon as we have looked into the issue we will be in touch

Kind Regards
    Cost Plus Sofas

• Registered Users Posts: 14 caoimhghin72

Same problems here, bought sofa in local store, 9 months later, it's practically broken. I do not agree with having them send a technician who you have to pay for if he finds it's just 'wear and tear' - it's hardly impartial now is it? - he is arranged by them, of course he's going to say it's wear and tear!!

Poor product (it wasn't great quality anyway), poor follow up customer service, and I have learned from experience - at this stage I'm just going to move on.

I will do my shopping now only with Irish/local stores. I will never go near CPS again, and will tell as many people as possible to do the same. They're full of it and so are the products they hawk off on us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

CPS: Lee wrote: »
    Hi Kilkenny Cat,

Thank you for contacting me and bringing the issue to my attention. As discussed we are looking into your issue raised.

Kind Regards
    Cost Plus Sofas

What's the outcome over this case Lee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cost Plus Sofas: Lee

Hi There,

I am still waiting for the person to send me a PM so I can look into this issue

Cost Plus Sofas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Originally Posted by CPS: Lee viewpost.gif
    Hi Kilkenny Cat,

Kind Regards
    Cost Plus Sofas

Hi There,

I am still waiting for the person to send me a PM so I can look into this issue

Cost Plus Sofas

No offence, but where does Your message state that You are waiting for KC to PM You?

Hi Le_Dieux,

If we have a issue we will try to rectify. we do not always post on the forum but would do this through private message. I would ask anyone that has a issue to contact me with a PM and contact details and we will contact to try and resolve.

Cost Plus Sofas

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kathy charlie

Lee could you please post your head office address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 poohcreek

Hi Le_Dieux,

If we have a issue we will try to rectify. we do not always post on the forum but would do this through private message. I would ask anyone that has a issue to contact me with a PM and contact details and we will contact to try and resolve.

Cost Plus Sofas

Hi Lee
    Was wondering if you could help me with a CPS issue,leather suite as well.

• Advertisement

Hi There,

If you would like to Pm me your details I would be more than happy to contact you.

Thank You

Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

hi all, i to have had the same bulls*** from cost plus sofas, bought a sofa, 6 months later falling apart, have had a rep out to take pictures, they have admitted there is a problem, but still nothing 3 months later.
    taking it to small claims court, but after reading this i think the only way to get any were is to name and shame them, maybe a newspaper maybe a consumer show anything to warn people about this company!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

If you get an order from the small claims court for more than €1904.00 you can petition the High Court to wind up the company if they don't pay within 21 days of your warning letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kilkenny Cat

Hi all, I have been meaning to update my case with CPS for awhile now. Well I finally after a lot of phone calls, emails, small claims, arguments and of course with help from Lee got my claim sorted. Lee put me in touch with head office in Dublin with an irish girl who had to get a manager from the UK to ring me. After a lot of phone calls I finally got my suite replaced with a new one.
    Taking this crowd to the small claims is a waste of time. I would not recommend them to anyone. Even though I eventually got sorted it took nearly a year and a half. Worst after service care ever. All I can say is that anyone who has got problems don't give up fight them tooth and nail to get what you are entitled to. Stay after them!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kilkenny Cat

dm1979 wrote: »
    hi all, i to have had the same bulls*** from cost plus sofas, bought a sofa, 6 months later falling apart, have had a rep out to take pictures, they have admitted there is a problem, but still nothing 3 months later.
    taking it to small claims court, but after reading this i think the only way to get any were is to name and shame them, maybe a newspaper maybe a consumer show anything to warn people about this company!!!!!!!

My advice to you after going through the same thing is get in touch with Lee on boards, he seems to be able to get things done. Stay after them. I hope you finally get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

how are cps getting away with treating their customers like this, we have been given every excuse going, from we cant reach our manufactor because of chinese new year (that was for the whole of febuary) to were having trouble finding trouble locating the manufactor. they need leasons on irish consumer law, and customer service.

Hi dm1979,

If you would Like to PM me your Details I will gladly look into your Issue and see if I can help.

Lee

Hi Kilkenny Cat,

Glad you got resolved. Sorry it took so long.

Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Charlie Girl

Kilkenny Cat, can I ask how you've got on since as I'm about to go through the same with them. This company should not be trading there has to be something done about them.

Advertisement