Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in the IFSC where to live???

Options
  • 05-01-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Ive just finished college and am starting a job in the IFSC in 2 weeks time. I was hoping someone could recommend good locations to live that are easy to get to the IFSC by public transport. My budget would be max €400 per month. Not sure where to start looking as I'm not familiar with Dublin at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Anywhere along the Luas Red line means you can get the tram directly to work. Most north-east suburbs (Fairview, Marino, Malahide Road, Artane and Beaumont) have a bus service which leaves you at Connolly Station / 101 Amienst St which is right beside the west end of the IFSC. Anywhere in the city centre mean you could walk to work and not pay for public transport.

There are apartments at the east end of the IFSC which might be more convenient for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

For 400 a month and convienent anywhere along the red luas line would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Thanks for the help guys. Il check out those area so and see what I can find

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Even the Dart line would do. The Dart passes through Connolly Station which is adjacent to the IFSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Marino, Killester, Artane are all fine choices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anywhere on the Maynooth to Connolly railway line, on the dart line, or the LUAS red line. It's more of a case of: what do you want to be near?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

the_syco wrote: »
    Anywhere on the Maynooth to Connolly railway line, on the dart line, or the LUAS red line. It's more of a case of: what do you want to be near?

I want a place thats not gona cost me a fortune to get home to after a night out in a taxi! Also a place that is fairly safe and not too rough. I will have a bike but I dont want to cycle to work in a suit! id be far to sweaty after gettin there!

Im viewing a few places in Fairview tomorrow and a couple in Drumcondra aswell. Not having much luck along the luas red line. Dont want to go too far past Smithfield and there doesnt seem to be many places available in my price range

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

coach22 wrote: »
    I want a place thats not gona cost me a fortune to get home to after a night out in a taxi! Also a place that is fairly safe and not too rough. I will have a bike but I dont want to cycle to work in a suit! id be far to sweaty after gettin there!

If you have a relatively short commute and you take it easy, you can cycle to work without sweating. Alternatively, a lot of offices have showers these days so you could change when you get there.

You should have no problem sharing a house or apartment within walking or cycling distance to work (with the option of bus/tram if it rains). It'll save you money too.

Personally I'd avoid anywhere on the Maynooth line - it's got rubbish frequency compared to the bus / luas, you'll end up living your life according to a train timetable.

Advertisement