Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom SMTP settings for WIFI Ipad2

Options
  • 05-01-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I'm trying to get the ipad to send mail when away from the home network on any other WIFI network. Is it that the mail1.ericom.net will only work on the home network?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thanks for your post peterpiper.

Yes, the eircom mailserver 'mail1.eircom.net' will only allow you to send email if you're connected to the Internet through eircom's Network.

When sending mail on eircom's network, and using any computer device /or email client, you should use eircom SMTP mailserver : mail1.eircom.net

If you are connecting through a different Internet provider, then you will need to send your email through that provider's mailserver.

You will therefore need to find out what the provider you're connecting through, whey you're away from your home (eircom) network, in order to send your email.

Alternatively, you could just use eircom Webmail to connect to send and receive email - www.eircom.net/email

E-mail settings:
    Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

OR Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

Let me know if I can help further.

Ant

peterpiper wrote: »
    I'm trying to get the ipad to send mail when away from the home network on any other WIFI network. Is it that the mail1.ericom.net will only work on the home network?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

I'm trying to do something similar.I have an eircom webmail address,and currently use Vodafone as my provider.I have tried to set up mail on ipad2 .I have input webmail.eircom.net as my incoming server,and Vodafone.ie as my outgoing smtp server.I have set port to 25 and disabled ssl.but find that I cannot disable the authentication.The result is that I can receive but cannot send mail from the ipad2.I have checked settings with eircom and vodafone and also with apple.All have failed to solve the issue.While I can use the web to do my email,it would be nice to have the mail work on the iPad The iPad is using latest o/s 5 and wi/fi.My laptop has no problems using windows live mail with the above setup.
    If anybody can help,it would be much appreciated
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

recheck the outgoing server settings.

if there is a username already entered remove it and it will fix the problem. ios tends to assume both servers require authencation and automatically fills out the username in the outgoing server

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

Bane blade
    You have just made my day.It now works as it should.This had stumped the support techs at eircom,Vodafone,and apple.Once again a big THANKS.

Advertisement