Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get publicity: Lamb of God style.

Options
  • 05-01-2012 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is pure genius or pure stupidity, but....

http://www.guitarworld.com/lamb-god-frontman-announces-presidential-candidacy
    Lamb of God have what promises to be an excellent album coming out at the end of this month.

But it looks like an album and tour are the least of vocalist Randy Blythe's concerns now that he's announced his presidential candidacy.

We'll let Randy take it away ...

"It’s 2012 now, the year some are saying the Mayan calendar predicts a cataclysmic upheaval across the board for our planet, perhaps even the end of the world as we know it. I don’t know if these doomsday predictions have any validity, but I do know one thing: the potential candidates in the race to decide who will be elected President of the United States look like pure ****.

"I’m not particularly stoked on any of the candidates. In a massive blow to our civil rights, Obama quietly signed the NDAA for the fiscal year 2012 into law while Americans drank in their party hats on New Year’s Eve. The GOP is parading around a bunch of ass-clowns in what has got to be the most embarrassing primary season in the history of their party. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse than Sarah Palin, they bust out that lunatic Michele Bachman. I have no clue what the Libertarians are up to now that Ron Paul is gunning for the Republican nomination. Probably loading their guns and preparing for the worst.

"Don’t even get me started on our current Congress, THE WORST CONGRESS I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES. It’s a relentless bipartisan pissing contest in Washington where not only is nothing getting done, nothing is ALLOWED to get done. There’s a bunch of squabbling children in Washington in charge of the business of running our country. These baboons are stopping any useful litigation from occurring by engaging in an endless game of “I know you are, but what am I?”. There is very little compromise happening in DC, and there is very little regard for the welfare of the American people. It’s PATHETIC.

"Something has got to change. America is falling to pieces around us and we are sitting back and letting it happen. We need someone to come in and REALLY take charge, someone who can’t be bought by corporate dollars because he doesn’t need or want ‘em. Someone who is not going to bull**** the country or the rest of the world about what’s going to go down when he steps into office, because he LIKES pissing people off and doesn’t give a **** about hurting anyone’s feelings. We need a man who is not afraid to stick his neck out and risk embarrassing himself while doing the right thing, a man, in fact, INCAPABLE of embarrassment anymore PERIOD because he’s ALREADY done almost every stupid WRONG thing you can think of at one time or the other. We need a hard-boiled, no-nonsense, mean son-of-a-bitch with a bad reputation who ain’t afraid to cock-whip the **** out of some randomly selected pussy-ass billionaire on live tv during his annual State of the Union Address just to make a point and let the mega-rich know that NO ONE is above the law here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. In short, we need a man who just DOES NOT GIVE A ****.

"America, that man is me.

"Thats right, ME. David Randall Blythe. Ol’ D. Randall. Uncle Randy. Wassisname, that dude from that one band that got drunk and fought in a skirt. I love the USA like a nerd loves D&D, I am thoroughly disgusted with the state of affairs, and I am ready, willing, and able to **** **** UP without a micro-second’s hesitation in order to fix what ails this country. All you have to do is elect me as the next President of the United States of America and I’ll handle the rest."

But that's only part of Randy's rant/announcement. You can read the full thing on his blog.

Lamb of God will release Resolution on January 24.

And here's the link to his blog. (I'm not going to quote that as it's a case of tl;dr for me........at the moment).

http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/15251001685/i-want-to-be-the-big-cheese

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

chin_grin wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is pure genius or pure stupidity, but....

http://www.guitarworld.com/lamb-god-frontman-announces-presidential-candidacy
    Lamb of God have what promises to be an excellent album coming out at the end of this month.

But it looks like an album and tour are the least of vocalist Randy Blythe's concerns now that he's announced his presidential candidacy.

We'll let Randy take it away ...

"It’s 2012 now, the year some are saying the Mayan calendar predicts a cataclysmic upheaval across the board for our planet, perhaps even the end of the world as we know it. I don’t know if these doomsday predictions have any validity, but I do know one thing: the potential candidates in the race to decide who will be elected President of the United States look like pure ****.

"I’m not particularly stoked on any of the candidates. In a massive blow to our civil rights, Obama quietly signed the NDAA for the fiscal year 2012 into law while Americans drank in their party hats on New Year’s Eve. The GOP is parading around a bunch of ass-clowns in what has got to be the most embarrassing primary season in the history of their party. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse than Sarah Palin, they bust out that lunatic Michele Bachman. I have no clue what the Libertarians are up to now that Ron Paul is gunning for the Republican nomination. Probably loading their guns and preparing for the worst.

"Don’t even get me started on our current Congress, THE WORST CONGRESS I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES. It’s a relentless bipartisan pissing contest in Washington where not only is nothing getting done, nothing is ALLOWED to get done. There’s a bunch of squabbling children in Washington in charge of the business of running our country. These baboons are stopping any useful litigation from occurring by engaging in an endless game of “I know you are, but what am I?”. There is very little compromise happening in DC, and there is very little regard for the welfare of the American people. It’s PATHETIC.

"Something has got to change. America is falling to pieces around us and we are sitting back and letting it happen. We need someone to come in and REALLY take charge, someone who can’t be bought by corporate dollars because he doesn’t need or want ‘em. Someone who is not going to bull**** the country or the rest of the world about what’s going to go down when he steps into office, because he LIKES pissing people off and doesn’t give a **** about hurting anyone’s feelings. We need a man who is not afraid to stick his neck out and risk embarrassing himself while doing the right thing, a man, in fact, INCAPABLE of embarrassment anymore PERIOD because he’s ALREADY done almost every stupid WRONG thing you can think of at one time or the other. We need a hard-boiled, no-nonsense, mean son-of-a-bitch with a bad reputation who ain’t afraid to cock-whip the **** out of some randomly selected pussy-ass billionaire on live tv during his annual State of the Union Address just to make a point and let the mega-rich know that NO ONE is above the law here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. In short, we need a man who just DOES NOT GIVE A ****.

"America, that man is me.

"Thats right, ME. David Randall Blythe. Ol’ D. Randall. Uncle Randy. Wassisname, that dude from that one band that got drunk and fought in a skirt. I love the USA like a nerd loves D&D, I am thoroughly disgusted with the state of affairs, and I am ready, willing, and able to **** **** UP without a micro-second’s hesitation in order to fix what ails this country. All you have to do is elect me as the next President of the United States of America and I’ll handle the rest."

But that's only part of Randy's rant/announcement. You can read the full thing on his blog.

Lamb of God will release Resolution on January 24.

And here's the link to his blog. (I'm not going to quote that as it's a case of tl;dr for me........at the moment).

http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/15251001685/i-want-to-be-the-big-cheese
    Read the blog there... he actually makes some good points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Read the blog there... he actually makes some good points.

Ah, did yeh have to quote the original post!? :pac:

Suppose anyone would make good points compared to the running candidates or the saps already in power! I think it's my own opinion that music and politics should never mix. (Oh hey, that rhymes!).

My bad...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I was American, I know I'd vote for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

His politics remind me of those of the militia groups who ask for more basic rights for basic Americans. I would imagine he sits right wing, but does any of this matter, I mean will he be able to translate votes from record sales, is this just PR or does he actually deserve credit for doing something that says "I have the fame and the money to make a difference in America politically, so I'm going to do it"

You might find it hard to believe but American's don't like to be ****ed with politically, they take this **** seriously, I could see this having HUGE implications and causing this band to be blacklisted

• Advertisement

His politics remind me of those of the militia groups who ask for more basic rights for basic Americans. I would imagine he sits right wing, but does any of this matter, I mean will he be able to translate votes from record sales, is this just PR or does he actually deserve credit for doing something that says "I have the fame and the money to make a difference in America politically, so I'm going to do it"

You might find it hard to believe but American's don't like to be ****ed with politically, they take this **** seriously, I could see this having HUGE implications and causing this band to be blacklisted
    Not in this instance... if he was coming across as a "pinko liberal" then maybe. A lot of what he is saying will have some resonance with ordinary Americans esp in relation to the war.

Advertisement