Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband in the Termonfeckin Road area!

Options
  • 05-01-2012 6:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

I had a rep from Eircom calling trying to sell me their Next-gen service in the Termonfeckin Road area where I am!

Can anyone tell me what their service is like around the area or even Drogheda?
    Are their lines in the area up to the job? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1688830625.png

Have not a clue what this means :eek: But im in the Carstown area so i guess that is the same exchange,and on a basic package.

Eircom speed test page ????
    Speed results
    Details of the speed test will appear here when it completes.
    Please allow up to 1 minute for the test to complete.
    Results are only an indication of your connection speed which may be affected by other devices or wireless coverage.

Test date
    05 January 2012 20:27:31
    Download Speed
    4.39 Mb/s
    This is equal to
    548.38 KB/s
    4387 kbps
    Upload Speed
    0.42 Mb/s
    This is equal to
    52.63 KB/s
    421 kbps
    Latency
    70 ms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thanks moonshadow.
    Are you paying for the 7/8 meg service?
    If so, you just about getting half that.

I have a rep calling back tomorrow night and I'd like to know my stuff (whats its REALLY like) before I chat to her further.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Speed tests are never going to be as accurate as what the modem will report though. And for regular downloads off the internet, you'll only get maybe 90%of what the modem's connection speed is. Some will always be lost to extra hidden stuff sent between the ISP and the modem basically. For standard NGB broadband, the highest speedtest.net result would only be like 7.1 mb/s

Advertisement