Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know what this object is ?

• 05-01-2012 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Hello there, I was asked to put this photo up here just to see can any of you tell me what the object might be in this photo. it is an orb shaped thing but i was told it might be a drop of moisture on the lens or birds but would appreciate any help as to find out what it is. pic below.

MayoIreland2011.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

looks like a droplet of water/moisture on the lens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

looks like a droplet of water/moisture on the lens

maybe, but if you look behind the large object and zoom in there is another one with the same shape at a further distance so not sure if it's moisture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

UFO

aujopimur wrote: »
    UFO

they could be birds but it's strange that the bird came out in that shape. pity a good analysis can't be done on it to end my curiosity. this was the camera that was used... http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/815QgbifKvL._AA1500_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Occasionally you see plastic ball-type things suspended on high-tension power lines. Could that be it?

690286114_0ebb91f196.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It looks out of focus so it's probably very close to or on the lens, since the lens looks to be focused at infinity. Dirt or water on the lens most likely.

cornbb wrote: »
    Occasionally you see plastic ball-type things suspended on high-tension power lines. Could that be it?

690286114_0ebb91f196.jpg

there are no power lines in the photo so it's not that. also out of 12 photos taken that day one after the other there is nothing like this on any of the other photos so i don't know. all told this camera has taken around 200 photos and none of the other photos have anything like this on them.

5uspect wrote: »
    It looks out of focus so it's probably very close to or on the lens,

but if the object was moving then it would blur anyway i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

it just looks like a scratch or something, piece of dirt on the lense

shannie wrote: »
    it just looks like a scratch or something, piece of dirt on the lense

well there is no scratches on the lens as this is the only photo that came out like this but yeah, could be anything but it got my curiosity and it's not the clearest of photos so it would be hard to clean it up to get any kind of clarity on the object or whatever it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

According to the image EXIF data the exposure was 1/1600 of a second so there is little change of motion blur. Also if it was moving it would streak, not simply blur.

It was also taken in August so it could simply be a bumble bee just in front of the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

aujopimur wrote: »
    UFO

not likely thats singular, theres 2 more above the guy in the red jumper.... invasion!!!! :eek: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

5uspect wrote: »
    It was also taken in August so it could simply be a bumble bee just in front of the camera.

Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and the rest of the Transformers :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

more than likely a two specs of dust on the inside/outside of the front element (or possibly on the rear element - where the lens mounts with the camera - but most likely the front element)

it is possible to get more than 1 spec of dust on the lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What kind of answer are you looking for? It only happened once so who cares what it was. You're not going to get a precise answer, it's not an episode of CSI. Have you tried to enhance it with software?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Don't mind the dirt on the lens. I want to know what the white object is in the third field in from the right up on the hill. Very curious...........

Advertisement