Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another HKC User Code/Keypad Issue

Options
  • 05-01-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys you might be able to help me out and save me ringing an engineer.

Recently moved into a house with a HKC Secure Watch alarm (no idea of the model number as there is nothing else on the keypad) but no code for it. Alarm was off but I tried to set up a new user code for it. Having a quick google I found this thread and decided to enter the user code (1111). I think I may have entered 01111 instead and the alarm light on the keypad comes on and the keypad starts beeping (similar to during a power cut).

I'm now stuck with this beeping keypad with the alarm light on and can't get it to stop. I tried "1111 yes" and nothing happens. I tried "4567 yes" and nothing happens. The display just reverts to the date/time. I tired to enter the user log code (0#1) and I got "Access Denied".

I've already had a look inside the keypad and in the battery panel for all the good it did me. Anyone have any ideas or do I need to part with some cash?

EDIT: The manual is this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

You will need the correct user code or it wont let you into the system.
    Your only other option would be to default the alarm and set it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hey Zeus Quintana

Defaulting would be following this method?
    But no guarantees that it would work if it is "engineer locked"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

That is how it is done, if it does not work as it has being engineer locked you will need to contact an engineer to default the system for you.

Advertisement