Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Health Insurance

• 05-01-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi

I heard if you renew now before its due in a few months time you can save yourself paying the additional increase thats coming in? Is this true?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

It depends when your current policy renews. I dont think you can renew early. When you renew, the prices are fixed for the duration of the policy - ie one year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

I did this last year before Aviva increased their policies in March
    Renewed my policy early in effect
    No problems and they were very helpful at the time
    looks like i might be doing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bluebell76

Rang Aviva & cant do this. Have to renew when my policy is due. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

How about cancelling your Insurance policy for one week then take out the new policy a week later, perfectly legal and not really a whole lot they can do about it. They might appreciate your business then.

Even better just move it to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsaver99

If you have claimed on your health insurance policy or have a pending claim you cannot cancel until your renewal is up. There is nearly 2 price increase per year now so renewing before your renewal date will still incur a price increase. Also av@va have now introduced 2000 co payment for orthopedic procedures but if you want to stay with them ask for a business plan like Business Plan Select or Business Plan Choice. Same as level 2 hospital and way cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement