Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks/walks in Sandyford area

Options
  • 05-01-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey,

I was just wondering if people knew of any good parks or walks in the Sandyford/Balally area that are easily accessible by foot? Just moved there, so don't really know my way around.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

There isnt much in the area

There is Marley Park, Deerpark, Ticknock, or a favourite short walk of mine used to be from the bottom of the Burrow Road/Belarmine up through Fernhill to Barnaculia, and from there up the 3 rock, or stop at the Blue Light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

For yourself or for dog walking? There is a nice large meadow with walking paths and cycling lanes behind St Raphaela's school off Stillorgan Heath. Fantastic for dog walking, might be boring for just walks though. Also the park off South Ave in Mt Merrion (just opposite Kiely's of Mt Merrion) is lovely and quite picturesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Ballawley park just off the Sandyford road? It's a small park but great for dog walking. They recently installed outdoor exercise there also - looks bizarre!

www.onlyoutdoors.ie/latest-news/138-ballawley-park-in-sandyford-gets-an-outdoor-gym.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Airfield farm is another option - http://www.airfield.ie/index.html, however I think they are closed for refurbishment until early 2013.

Advertisement