Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New License app- 3 months now and assistant to Super won't return my calls

Options
  • 05-01-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I applied for a new license in October, received a letter in early Nov from the Super requesting additional info for one of the sections, I replied almost immediately and I rang to confirm the letter reached him. Since then I have been calling to ask what the situation is. I spoke with a Gaurd who told me that the super might want to have a chat with me and he would give me a buzz to call up to the station back in early December.

This never came to fruition and now he won't return ANY of my calls, it's really quite frustrating to say the least. I have a deposit on a gun since Oct and I'm heading away travelling for 3monthd next week- I've left numerous messages explaining this and just want a yes or a no.
    I think I'm goign to write to the super myself as can't seem to get anywhere with anyone else.

Anyone ever experience a similar situation / treatment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

zacmorris wrote: »
    I applied for a new license in October, received a letter in early Nov from the Super requesting additional info for one of the sections, I replied almost immediately and I rang to confirm the letter reached him. Since then I have been calling to ask what the situation is. I spoke with a Gaurd who told me that the super might want to have a chat with me and he would give me a buzz to call up to the station back in early December.

This never came to fruition and now he won't return ANY of my calls, it's really quite frustrating to say the least. I have a deposit on a gun since Oct and I'm heading away travelling for 3monthd next week- I've left numerous messages explaining this and just want a yes or a no.
    I think I'm goign to write to the super myself as can't seem to get anywhere with anyone else.

Anyone ever experience a similar situation / treatment?

I think nearly everyone thats ever applied for a gun license has experienced that type of trouble ! Except for the lucky few that live in districts where the super does their job right. I had several similar experiences to your own and in the end I just told the guard that I would be contacting someone higher up the ladder to report the matter and would make an official complaint.

I had my license 3 days after I said that after waiting 5 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

im just after going through all of this and had the meeting with the super, taught things went ok with him, still a load of calls after, but finally 3 months and 2 weeks later it came through (licence in the post yesterday)

ring his secretary and see if you can set up an appointment with him, they do be quite busy so if there's a slot going to meet him they should fit you in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

rgugliel wrote: »
    im just after going through all of this and had the meeting with the super, taught things went ok with him, still a load of calls after, but finally 3 months and 2 weeks later it came through (licence in the post yesterday)

ring his secretary and see if you can set up an appointment with him, they do be quite busy so if there's a slot going to meet him they should fit you in

Just remember, a super is under NO obligation to meet with you, he may delegate someone else to speak for him, sad to say for a public representative being paid tax payers money.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Just remember, a super is under NO obligation to meet with you, he may delegate someone else to speak for him, sad to say for a public representative being paid tax payers money.:(

True, but if there's issues in doubt and after all it is his stamp going on your approval he should give you the time of day

Advertisement