Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: CIRCLE JIG

Options
  • 05-01-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Am looking for a simple circle jig to cut 12" down to 5" circle.

can somebody point me in the right direction perferbly in ireland.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

What will you be using to make the cut - a router or jigsaw?
    These jigs are easily made yourself.
    See here for a router jig
    You could apply the same principle to a jigsaw jig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

As SB will also know u can make a circle jig for a bandsaw

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Thanks guy am looking for something that would be easy lift off and placed again.

I think the screw part of that jig would slow me down a little

would there be anywhere i could find something like a jasper jig?

oh and its for a router, sorry i should have said.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

All circle jigs use a screw or a point as a centre pivot. I prefer to use a screw because I find that points very often pop out of the centre.
    This can lead to some foul utterances and wasted timber.

I haven't seen that Jasper gear on this side of the big pond - looks good and a fair price. You should check that their accessories will fit your router's baseplate configuration before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

i made myself a real handy one before got a piece of 6mm mdf and drilled a hole in the centre of it to suit a guide bush i had. that acts as a fast way to locate router. then i attached a small block of wood with a hole drilled in it to accept threaded bar. a nut either side ot the threaded bar through the hole holds it in place and then a similar block at other end with a dowel/ pin in it to locate on centre point. does the job and is infinitely adjustable :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement