Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water softener

• 05-01-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

researching water softeners online, came across this company. simple question do these work?
    http://www.eddy.uk.com/about.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Wouldn't say they would be a great job, better than nothing, but only just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Simple answer No. There is quite research on this type of product and the consensus is that they don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anton61

They don't work, I fitted one of these before I eventually fitted a water softener (salt type). they do make a difference to the limescale, instead of having a hard built up of limescale in your kettle, you will have a softer, paste like buildup

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m conroy

Hi
    just surfing on water softeners to remove/eliminate limescale,really affecting area where I live and was looking at this product. I've already had to replace a washing machine two years ago and this one giving same problem, on third kettle, immersion making noises, hair and skill dull and itchy, limescale on shower doors etc... Any idea if this product would help? especially with appliances and heating system or would you recommend a water softener (salt type)

Thanks for any info you can give :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

No, all these things will do is empty yer wallet.....................

• Advertisement
Advertisement