Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First irish person to get suspension from swtor?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Wondering if im first person to get a 1 week suspension from swtor? has to be a record this early into release.mayb its a bit harsh to do a full 1 week suspension over a name i dunno?considering all the time i lost coz of their daytime maintenance and crazy server ques i think they went a bit overboard,also is it my fault that the name was allowed go through the char creation process

Heres the email for the lols.if only they were so quick to give us pvp brackets or target of target of nerf some classes as they are to hand out suspensions it might be ok

We wish to notify you that you are violating our Terms of Service.
    From an investigation of your Account we can see that your character has carried out the following violation:

Charactername: Kiddiefiddler
    Server : Basilisk Droid
    Violation description: Pedophilia / Violence towards a child/minor
    This includes anything related to sexual or violent behavior towards a minor (Anything below 18 years).

As you have violated our Terms of Service we will be applying a suspension on your account.
    We are suspending your account for 1 week (168 hours) with immediate effect.

If you continue to violate our Terms of Service it may result in a permanent account closure.
    We encourage you to familiarise yourself with our Terms of Service which can be found here
    http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Thank you for your understanding.
    Terms of Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So wait you get a weeks ban and then carry on having the same name? Should of told them that when you were a kid you used to play the fiddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

no i assume they will make me enter a new name when i log back into the charachter..

i had a level 1 alt i made called JAYSUS and they have told me that name was also inapropriate and removed the name,ill have to rename that char also,i was just saving the name to use at a later time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Deary me, you didn't actually think that name was funny, cool and/or acceptable did you?

Bizarre behavior, I despair sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

If its like other mmo's(Wow for example) they will rename the chars, and you wont be able to name them.

Draupnir wrote: »
    Deary me, you didn't actually think that name was funny, cool and/or acceptable did you?

Bizarre behavior, I despair sometimes.

its only a name mate,i did think its a little funny but i am immature at the best of times.ive seen worse ones in wow people running around with crazy names for months,ive also seen people in swtor called negro and black man and niggar and other racist names,i guess these people will be suspended also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

CyberJuice wrote: »
    its only a name mate,i did think its a little funny but i am immature at the best of times.ive seen worse ones in wow people running around with crazy names for months,ive also seen people in swtor called negro and black man and niggar and other racist names,i guess these people will be suspended also

It's only a name isn't a great defense, you've no idea who is going to see that name and how it might affect them. Not to mention there are gonna be young enough people playing the game which is probably not that big a deal compared to the fact it's pretty likely you'll have victims of all kinds of stuff in the game too.

I suppose it's a case of catching on to yourself really, don't worry about what other people are doing, worry about yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I was running around in WoW for six months with a name that in Dutch meant "f**K me". I could figure out why I was getting so many Dutch player whispering me. I get " LOL, your not Dutch then" a lot. Blizz let me change it for free in the end.

It's only a name isn't a great defense
    Im not defending the name,i knew when making it that it could get flagged,im just thinking that 1 week ban is a bit harsh rather than a 24 or 48 hour ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

I've seen worse in wow myself, remember two lads running around levelling up together, one called "Hítlér" and the other one called "ihatejéws", was funny for five minutes if only for the stupidity of it. Then there were the two lads called "mick" and "paddy" I joined a group with, asked them whereabouts they lived here as I was in Dublin myself - "No mate, we're both English" then "You want to buy some potatoes?" "How's the famine these days?" etc., etc.,

You deserved to be banned though, that name is a bit over the top for a game played by kids. What were you thinking picking a name like that ? Bit weird mate to be honest, don't see the funny side of it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's a **** name and you're a strange person for choosing it
    you've no idea who is going to see that name and how it might affect them.

Nor should you care who sees your name or how it affects them. It's an online game based around anonymity by immersing yourself into a space adventure with magical powers and lasers... You should be able to call yourself anything you want, but not kiddiefiddler :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

lol banned for a week!

tbh you did deserve it and a week is as harsh as it should be ye big eejit lol xD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Saw a level 1 Bounty Hunter on my server called Irishcarbomb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Sorrry m8 but dont think the name is funny and you deserve the ban. Fair enough you might not have intended it to offend but any reference to child abuse in a game where kids are playing is unacceptable.

Playboy wrote: »
    Sorrry m8 but dont think the name is funny and you deserve the ban. Fair enough you might not have intended it to offend but any reference to child abuse in a game where kids are playing is unacceptable.

game is rated 16,its hardly little kids in it??can you even call a 16 year old a kid these days? arent many of 16 year olds these days having sex drinking and smoking and such,lets not pretend 16 year olds are innocent kids,have you heard the language alot of them use,can you remember being 16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Lol seems a bit over the top, a warning and a rename would have been more appropriate i saw on the forums some guy called spanky got a warning or suspension or some thing like that.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Lol seems a bit over the top, a warning and a rename would have been more appropriate i saw on the forums some guy called spanky got a warning or suspension or some thing like that.

spanky not allowed?they really are goin overboard with the names,i understand the name i had was not right but spanky?and jaysus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Based on past MMOs policies, that is kind of crazy. They are really hardlining their customer support policies. I've never seen an MMO suffer from players having offensive names. I have seen MMOs suffer from hardline policies like these. I would have expected more clout from Bioware.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

If i remember correctly from guild chat this is your third name change, they made you change it for Kiddiefiddler, JAYSUS and there was a third name, which i think was childabuse but not 100% sure.

They gave you plenty of chances you cant really complain about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

When I think about what made you pick that name in child's game makes me shiver and hope that not many people think the same way as you. Creepy!

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    If i remember correctly from guild chat this is your third name change, they made you change it for Kiddiefiddler, JAYSUS and there was a third name, which i think was childabuse but not 100% sure.

They gave you plenty of chances you cant really complain about it!!

nono lol..

it was my second name change.im not complaikning that i got a suspension,its to be expected when u mess around with names,i am just here askin did anyone else get banned or suspended for any reasons and also is 1 week over the top should it not have been 24 or 48 hours,either way im not complaining,soon as i hit 20 the game kinda lost its sparkle for me

• Advertisement

eimear10 wrote: »
    When I think about what made you pick that name in child's game makes me shiver and hope that not many people think the same way as you. Creepy!

the game is 16 plus,can we stop calling 16 yr olds childs please?16 year olds are legal to drive and have sex and work full time,they are a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

So people who are abused as children never grow up past 16, news to me, OP got off lightly

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    So people who are abused as children never grow up past 16, news to me, OP got off lightly

to be honest its usually common practice for a mmo to have names like these blocked in the first place ive never played a game that let me use the jesus/jaysus either not because it was taken but because usually they have some kind of list which stops you using such name's. This game does not appear to have such a black list, Another failing on bio-ware's part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

game is rated 16,its hardly little kids in it??can you even call a 16 year old a kid these days? arent many of 16 year olds these days having sex drinking and smoking and such,lets not pretend 16 year olds are innocent kids,have you heard the language alot of them use,can you remember being 16
    Anyone under 18 is still a child in legal terms, and in many moral ways also.

If you find that name you picked funny then your a bit strange. Sorry to put in bluntly.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Anyone under 18 is still a child in legal terms, and in many moral ways also.

If you find that name you picked funny then your a bit strange. Sorry to put in bluntly.

It would be funny if his avatar was a fat black sith cyborg... .. .

Digitalism wrote: »

no need to appologise,i understand.. but this is the internet,since the internet has been invented there have been trolls,people messing about,not taking stuff seriously and such,have you seen half the stuff thats posted in the after hours board here or on 4chan or on various websites..a name on a charachter in a game is quite tame compared to alot of stuff online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

no need to appologise,i understand.. but this is the internet,since the internet has been invented there have been trolls,people messing about,not taking stuff seriously and such,have you seen half the stuff thats posted in the after hours board here or on 4chan or on various websites..a name on a charachter in a game is quite tame compared to alot of stuff online.
    Cmon... even 4chan sums it up themselves well. They are the utter cesspool of society. The majority of people who frequent 4chan, especially /b, have some sort of mental issue or social disorder. Not to mention the many paedophiles and agoraphobics etc. on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

should have called it FiddieKiddler

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Spunge wrote: »
    should have called it FiddieKiddler

feck sake, dont give him ideas. Cyber just pick a name that wont get u into trouble. You called ur char Childabuse, got flagged had to rename it and called it Kiddiefiddler. Dont see why you didnt expect a weeks ban when they see you taking the piss like that.
    Think hard about a good name you are gonna be stuck with it, i always like my character more if i think the name i have given them is good rather than a jokey one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Omphin wrote: »
    feck sake, dont give him ideas. Cyber just pick a name that wont get u into trouble. You called ur char Childabuse, got flagged had to rename it and called it Kiddiefiddler. Dont see why you didnt expect a weeks ban when they see you taking the piss like that.
    Think hard about a good name you are gonna be stuck with it, i always like my character more if i think the name i have given them is good rather than a jokey one

Agreed i don't understand why people pick so stupid names on a game and know they are going to get banned for them .

Advertisement