Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First irish person to get suspension from swtor?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

A friend of mine uses the name "Foc" for his main character in most MMOs.

Apparently it means "Fire" in Romanian or something :P

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

On the 3rd day of early access I tried to make a smuggler named Picard, but it was already taken!

I did manage to get Captain Birdseye though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The fact you're actually trying to defend this stupid name, that obviously breaks the games naming rules amuses me greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The fact you're actually trying to defend this stupid name, that obviously breaks the games naming rules amuses me greatly.

Well hes clearly an attention seeker.

Why else would he name a character like that in the first place, and why else would he then make a thread about the grand injustice perpetrated by Bioware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

When i played EQ2 some people in general chat were discussing a clan named "Ive got some candy in my van". Most people were outraged, i was amused at their OTT outrage. But i got a warning for even saying that i thought it was funny. So if i got a warning for even laughing at something im not surprised whatsoever you get banned for names like childabuse and kiddiefiddler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Some Guild names in Dark age of Camelot

"Naughty Uncles"

"She said she was level Sixteen"

"Get in the Van"

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

RichieD wrote: »
    Well hes clearly an attention seeker.

Why else would he name a character like that in the first place, and why else would he then make a thread about the grand injustice perpetrated by Bioware.

when did i claim it was a grand injustice? can u quote me? when did i defend the name?can you quote me?

im not crying,i got fed up with the game,a week ban doesnt bother me,i have other stuff to do. the fact is the name went through the charachter creation process so is it not biowares fault that the name was available in the first place?also a week ban for first offence, dont these things usually warrant a 24 or 48 hour ban first? that was my understanding from most other mmos.

and yes im clearly lookin for attention,so the best way to get it is to call a charachter in a game a silly name?i can think of 1000's of better ways to get more attention

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You got a ban coz you already had a strike against your account. I believe your first offense was a character named Jaysus....which I thought being restricted was harsh personally. However it still gets logged and when they come to deal with the next offense they see a pattern of innappropriate names. Thats why you got a ban. If you made a third name that was similar it would likely be a perma ban.

To be fair, I'd have banned you for a name like KiddieFiddler aswell. There are funny names and then there are names like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

CyberJuice wrote: »
    when did i claim it was a grand injustice? can u quote me? when did i defend the name?can you quote me?

im not crying,i got fed up with the game,a week ban doesnt bother me,i have other stuff to do. the fact is the name went through the charachter creation process so is it not biowares fault that the name was available in the first place?also a week ban for first offence, dont these things usually warrant a 24 or 48 hour ban first? that was my understanding from most other mmos.

and yes im clearly lookin for attention,so the best way to get it is to call a charachter in a game a silly name?i can think of 1000's of better ways to get more attention

letthebuthurtflowthroughyou.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Judging by people's over reaction here i think they may have gotten confused and think you are actually a kiddifiddler. Seriously get of your high horses :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Judging by people's over reaction here i think they may have gotten confused and think you are actually a kiddifiddler. Seriously get of your high horses :rolleyes:

Your name is no better...What about those stones with no friends?

But in seriousness, it's a silly name to pick and a rightful ban - the fact that you kept going back with related names didn't help your cause. Interestingly Blizzard has blocked the word "White" from being used in Starcraft 2 - there's a pro who was known as WhiteRa :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    . Interestingly Blizzard has blocked the word "White" from being used in Starcraft 2 - there's a pro who was known as WhiteRa :D

Wasn't that because of sponsorship? Don't think blizzard had anything to do with that. He has a WhiteRa account on SC2.

His name was WhiteRa but Duckload sponsored him so he changed it to Duckload Ra.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Kirby wrote: »
    Wasn't that because of sponsorship? Don't think blizzard had anything to do with that. He has a WhiteRa account on SC2.

His name was WhiteRa but Duckload sponsored him so he changed it to Duckload Ra.

Hmmm...There was some player whose name couldn't be used - thought it was WhiteRa. As in, someone tried to ask if he was x (because he had to use a different handle) and it came up *****.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Reminds me of one of my classmates back in school when the first gulf war started. He 'supported' Saddam knowing he would be 1 against 20 in a spit fight when we had a free class. He was an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Some Guild names in Dark age of Camelot

"Naughty Uncles"

"She said she was level Sixteen"

"Get in the Van"

i remember hearing a guildmaster in the states playing WoW, named his guild
    Kool Klux Klan got a lifetime ban. He can't so much as buy a t-shirt from blizzard these days.

Was guilded with a crazy dutch guy, who named his black human paladin Bigblackcock, who also got a very harsh ban. A month iirc.

Which is worse though? Racism or pedophilia?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I recall an old boards WoW guild called Lollercaust that had to be changed. That was a shame.

Picking a potentially offensive name is risky, but then changing it to another potentially offensive name is just plain stupid IMO.

Oh, and 16 year olds are technically kids, regardless of what you might think. I'd go with a technicality over a judgement any day

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

the game is 16 plus,can we stop calling 16 yr olds childs please?16 year olds are legal to drive and have sex and work full time,they are a child?

Age ratings for games are not legally binding. Also, plenty of parents will buy games like this for younger kids. Assuming only 16+ year olds will be playing it is wonderfully naive of you. I know I was playing Doom etc long before I was "old enough". :D

ye can be a dope at any age though :)

nesf wrote: »
    Age ratings for games are not legally binding. Also, plenty of parents will buy games like this for younger kids. Assuming only 16+ year olds will be playing it is wonderfully naive of you. I know I was playing Doom etc long before I was "old enough". :D

So what happens if a 15 or 16 year old is in game and they see my charachter run past them on the fleet? are they goin to have a breakdown and cut themselves or what is the problem?with shows like south park-family guy and such the kids these days are well used to dark humour. i honestly think the majority of the 14 - 15 - 16 year olds would have a chuckle and think its a funny name. and if they do have such a serious issue with it then they need to grow thicker skin as they will be eaten alive in the real world if they find a name in a comuter game to be soul destroying to them

So what happens if a 15 or 16 year old is in game and they see my charachter run past them on the fleet? are they goin to have a breakdown and cut themselves or what is the problem?with shows like south park-family guy and such the kids these days are well used to dark humour. i honestly think the majority of the 14 - 15 - 16 year olds would have a chuckle and think its a funny name. and if they do have such a serious issue with it then they need to grow thicker skin as they will be eaten alive in the real world if they find a name in a comuter game to be soul destroying to them

give it a rest man, you named yourself an offensive name, got banned for it being pedophilic and you're trying to justify it with the age limit on the game?

this has nothing to do with age, it has everything to do with you being so stupid as to think you could get away with naming yourself 'Kiddiefiddler' without any repercussions from bioware. Fair play to them, and shame on you.

• Advertisement

give it a rest man, you named yourself an offensive name, got banned for it being pedophilic and you're trying to justify it with the age limit on the game?

Not trying to justify it,just in responce to people saying kids are playing the game and i was well out of order and i should think of the kids,its not a 12s game its not a pg game its 16s and over.do 16 year olds not watch the in betweeners - south park - family guy and see and hear alot worse than the name kiddiefiddler?

this has nothing to do with age, it has everything to do with you being so stupid as to think you could get away with naming yourself 'Kiddiefiddler' without any repercussions from bioware. Fair play to them, and shame on you.

Fair enough shame on me but i never expected the name to last forever,i knew that eventually id have to rename the char and suffer any consequences which i am doing and i have no problem with,i was not gonna sub past the first free month anyways so good luck to them and their game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

So what happens if a 15 or 16 year old is in game and they see my charachter run past them on the fleet? are they goin to have a breakdown and cut themselves or what is the problem?

People who get abused do play video games you know. And people who've self harmed due to mental illness also read these forums. If you want to take the piss out of something with your mates, grand, just you're being a bit of a muppet to be doing it publicly when you don't know who's reading it.

CyberJuice;76396023]its not a 12s game its not a pg game its 16s and over.do 16 year olds not watch the in betweeners - south park - family guy and see and hear alot worse than the name kiddiefiddler?

As i said, its nothing to do with age when you deliberatly decided to name your character something that anyone would find offensive. The whole southpark familyguy inbetweeners thing you're stuck on here has nothing to do with you choosing the name that got you reprimanded by bioware.
    Fact is, you broke their rules which you agreed to in the EULA, specificlly the naming policy and what's even funnier is that you seem to have wanted this to happen. Dont tell me you didnt see some form of slap on the hand coming?
    Bioware did the right thing imo.

Fair enough shame on me but i never expected the name to last forever,i knew that eventually id have to rename the char and suffer any consequences which i am doing and i have no problem with,i was not gonna sub past the first free month anyways so good luck to them and their game

And good luck to you too dude, anyone that pays a subscription should'nt have to be exposed to the likes of names like that, regardless of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

think the name restrictions are a bit laxer on Eve

The name 'princess beefcurtains' has forever been burned into my brain :(

That is very dangerous wording by them.

Violation description: Pedophilia / Violence towards a child/minor
    This includes anything related to sexual or violent behavior towards a minor (Anything below 18 years).

That is very dangerous wording by them.

Violation description: Pedophilia / Violence towards a child/minor
    This includes anything related to sexual or violent behavior towards a minor (Anything below 18 years).

indeed,sounds to me that they are accusing me of being violent towards minors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

No, you fall under Pedophilia, which is worse.

nix wrote: »
    No, you fall under Pedophilia, which is worse.

lol indeed,they will have me signing on a register soon

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Holyhole

You seem like a fairly level headed person Cyber, and tbf im sure you knew you wouldn't get away with it one way or another...

Im just curious why you did it?

I mean, I am assuming you rack up like 100+ hours online time per week or something crazy, and you wouldn't appreciate not being able to get in game, so why do it?

Are you glad you did it now?

are you secretly glad you have sabotaged your own gameplay?
    Do you work for BW in Galway as well or something, ergo see it pretty much 24/7 anyways?

• Advertisement

Holyhole wrote: »
    You seem like a fairly level headed person Cyber, and tbf im sure you knew you wouldn't get away with it one way or another...

Im just curious why you did it?

I mean, I am assuming you rack up like 100+ hours online time per week or something crazy, and you wouldn't appreciate not being able to get in game, so why do it?

Are you glad you did it now?

are you secretly glad you have sabotaged your own gameplay?

not glad not sad mate,its only a week suspension,ill stop messin about with names now untill the next game i buy,ill probly stay sway from kiddiefiddler though. i probly would only rack up 12 - 15 hours a week ingame when im into a game and enjoyin it.was allready bored with the game before i made my char with the weird name so i wasnt really afraid of recieving a suspension..

Advertisement