Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First irish person to get suspension from swtor?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

CyberJuice wrote: »
    not glad not sad mate,its only a week suspension,ill stop messin about with names now untill the next game i buy,ill probly stay sway from kiddiefiddler though. i probly would only rack up 12 - 15 hours a week ingame when im into a game and enjoyin it.was allready bored with the game before i made my char with the weird name so i wasnt really afraid of recieving a suspension..

Did I see you on Ord Mantell last week? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Serious amount of posters here are uptight,

I have seen some crazy names in STOL, I remember some guy in a ship whizzing by me called captainpen1s which made me laugh,

bit severe for a ban tbh, they should have caught in their char exclusion list on the creation screen

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

little update

so my suspension is up 2 days or 3 days now,so i logged into the game,i click kiddiefiddler and select to log in,it logs me in with the name and im urnning around with this name still,so i opened a ticket,i told them about my suspension and asked them to change the name for me or to give me an option to change it wen i click on the charachter at the log in screen.

they replied to my ticket the next day and told me that when next time i log in i should click on the char then click play and i will be made to rename it before i can log in.. so i do this and it logs me into the game,no option for rename,so im still running around the fleet on this char called kiddiefiddler..

ive opened another ticket just now and told them again,sigh. so now im waiting til ltomorrow for a reply or a fix, i would just laugh if i was reported by some player for inapropriate name and i got another suspension or a ban..

feck it,i cant even be bother to quest or look for dungeon grp,im done with swtor anyways,lets all go play rift! :)

Question is, who do you think would be more susceptible to kiddyfiddling Jedi or Sith ?

Question is, who do you think would be more susceptible to kiddyfiddling Jedi or Sith ?

jedi probably..

on a side note

i guess its ok for anakin to masacre a load of younglings in the jedi temple but as soon as someone pats one on the bum it is out of order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

chris_hansen-jedi.jpg

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was a member of <Your ma's my epic mount> for a good few years in Vanilla and TBC. Just a bunch of mates playing together and joining other guilds for raids.

We were forced to change in TBC with an accompanying email that read " At this stage the reports against this name by players has reached a level that cannot be ignored any longer :("

Was nice that it was clearly interpreted as some fun, nothing malicous and that people on the internet are made of cotton wool.

I've a very simple outlook on things like the above and the ops name

It is your right to be offended, it is not your right to stop me offending.

Essentially that everyone is different and takes offense to different things. I've a very high tolerance and rarely get offended by anything, the ops name wouldnt offend me, and I wouldnt in a million years think of reporting him.

Players being able to report other players based on names they find offensive is absolute bollox.

They should have a word blacklist for names and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was a member of <Your ma's my epic mount> for a good few years in Vanilla and TBC. Just a bunch of mates playing together and joining other guilds for raids.

We were forced to change in TBC with an accompanying email that read " At this stage the reports against this name by players has reached a level that cannot be ignored any longer :("

Was nice that it was clearly interpreted as some fun, nothing malicous and that people on the internet are made of cotton wool.

Essentially that everyone is different and takes offense to different things. I've a very high tolerance and rarely get offended by anything, the ops name wouldnt offend me, and I wouldnt in a million years think of reporting him.

Players being able to report other players based on names they find offensive is absolute bollox.

They should have a word blacklist for names and leave it at that.

I dont think companies can afford to take that line, try picking a name like that on boards see where it gets ya. You know it wouldn't be around long before you were banned or asked to change it.

Online is not like it was when i started gaming, it was like the wild west but naturally as it has become more mainsteam it has also become more user friendly.

Not that i dont disagree with your point my tolerance is equally high as i played online in the days when you would have epic flame wars ect and you could be called anything but times have changed and its time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

TheDoc wrote: »

"Yore Ma" jokes are not the same as pedo jokes. This shouldn't have to be explained. I'm not offended by it but it still has no place.

Nobody should have the right to make pedo jokes and the fact that you are suggesting they do worries me greatly.

• Advertisement

CyberJuice wrote: »
    i guess its ok for anakin to masacre a load of younglings in the jedi temple but as soon as someone pats one on the bum it is out of order?

HAHA Love it .

Yet i heard more complaints that the makers of the game actually put tits on the kid avatars !!!

Advertisement