Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hueston station to DCU

Options
  • 05-01-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Im attending the helix in a few weeks and im just wondering what would be the easiest means of transport from heuston station
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep, the Luas and the number 9 bus is yer best bet. The no 4 bus (that goes to Harristown) and the numbers 11 and 13 buses (that go to Ballymun and Glasnevin) will also get you there. The stop for all of them is at Upper O'Connell St beside Dr Quirkeys Emporium, across the street from the Gresham Hotel.

Whatever bus you get, get off at the corner of Glasnevin Ave and Collins Ave at Our Lady of Victories Church. It's about a 10 minute walk from there down Collins Ave to the DCU entrance. Follow the signs to the Helix.

PS I know for sure that the no 13 bus still runs. Not sure if the no 11 does after all the route changes over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 emmas

Thanks brilliant thanks very much :)

Hi heard that I could get the number 6 bus from the airport out to DCU. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Been onto Dublin Bus but have gotten no reply :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

emmas wrote: »
    Hi heard that I could get the number 6 bus from the airport out to DCU. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Been onto Dublin Bus but have gotten no reply :confused:

There's no Dublin Bus route 6. The 41 and 16A will bring you from the airport to the Swords Road/Collins Avenue junction which is about a 8-10 minute walk to DCU.

markpb wrote: »
    There's no Dublin Bus route 6. The 41 and 16A will bring you from the airport to the Swords Road/Collins Avenue junction which is about a 8-10 minute walk to DCU.

Brillient thanks so much :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement