Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Told ya they'd have a smart alec answer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eiriu

Did we definately have to use contribution per limiting factor for the consumer profitability analaysis. What was the limiting factor?-labour

Was the conclusion reached to stop providing services to customers who did not update their databases over a network.

Would other management account techniques be justified if you reached this conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Eiriu wrote: »
    Did we definately have to use contribution per limiting factor for the consumer profitability analaysis. What was the limiting factor?-labour

Was the conclusion reached to stop providing services to customers who did not update their databases over a network.

Would other management account techniques be justified if you reached this conclusion

It was contribution per limiting factor they specifically wanted.It came up in the mock as well so we cant say we werent prepared unfortunately.I'm not sure if the limiting factor was labour.Some obscure cloud computing term if i can remember correctly.

I'm sure if you came to same conclusion albeit another way you would get something for it.

I didn't specifically state contribution per limiting factor. I just said the market for people not online is dropping and is less profitable especially since the company is moving towards an online strategy. Makes no sense to focus on this group etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

is anyone a little more optimistic after seeing cap1 results of 80 %. Are they getting things correct ?

• Advertisement

Only

32 days, 15 hours, 32 minutes to 7:00 am November 23rd.

Woohoo.

It's like waiting for evil Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

mrduffy wrote: »
    is anyone a little more optimistic after seeing cap1 results of 80 %. Are they getting things correct ?

Not at all, why would that have any bearing on it?

Anyone know yet if the results are going to be publicly available yet or if it will be through private login?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

It would be an amazing spoof if you came into work all chuffed and told everyone you had passed but had actually failed. Wonder how long you could keep that going before it would be found out lol

I don't think I could work up the pretend happy face if I failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sandy60

It would be an amazing spoof if you came into work all chuffed and told everyone you had passed but had actually failed. Wonder how long you could keep that going before it would be found out lol

love that! especially for us repeats as we wont be on the paid-by-the-firm list since we paid ourselves this year :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

really hope these results are not available for all to see. even if they went with exam numbers and not names be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Szewinska wrote: »
    really hope these results are not available for all to see. even if they went with exam numbers and not names be ok

I'm seriously of the opposite opinion. Think about it, if you fail everyone is going to find out anyway. And if I fail I don't wanna be coming into work on Friday morning having to answer the question 20 times that day and explain to people that I failed. I'd much prefer it if people already knew and avoided me for the day.

confirmed on website today no public list of results thank god

Into the home stretch now.

Month of November!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

so lads what are we looking for in results?! I still dont understand how it works,

1. pass/fail in words?
    2. any reds we fail
    3. does it have to be sufficiency 0 to pass?

Quite simple.

Since it will be online the institute will have your paper and a result, I assume similar to the mocks.

If you see PASS you've passed.

FAIL and you've failed

Forget all this colour nonsense.

The lovely capital lettering really emphasises it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Did everyone get the email about the Admission to Membership for 2012? Assuming you get a pass we basically have one week to submit our CA Diary and membership application as well as a €450 fee. That's nice of em!

no what's the email?!

Here's the text of it:

I understand you participated in the recent sitting of the FAE examination and I wish you the very best of luck with the results which are due to be published on 23rd November.
    If you are successful in passing the FAE examination you will then meet the criteria to apply for Associate Membership of Chartered Accountants Ireland. The application requirements will be as follows
    · Application form signed off by student and Training Partner *

· Summary pages of CA Diary by student and Training Partner*

· Payment of Membership Joining Fee €453/£317

*the application form and summary CA Diary can be found on your home page of the online CA Diary within the tab Admission to Membership.
    The final closing date for applications for membership in 2012 is 30th November, so if you wish to describe yourself as a Chartered Accountant or use the accreditation ACA for employment reasons/opportunities in 2012 you must submit your full application by this date. The 30th November is also the closing date for the 2013 spring graduation conferring ceremony.
    Chartered Accountants Ireland is also now granting another incentive to join in 2012: any student who passes their FAE in November 2012 and then submits a successful application for Associate Membership on or prior to 30 November 2012 will be entered into a draw for a One for All Voucher to the value of €250.
    If you have any queries regarding any of the information above please contact John O’Shea on +353 1 6377257 or Richard Doran Sherlock on +353 1 6377261. Alternatively you can e-mail admissions@charteredaccountants.ie

Yours sincerely
    David Butler
    Secretary & Finance Director

I did CAP2s as I was exempt from CAP1s and still have a year and half of my contract left. If I pass my FAES do I still have to do this and will I be a member then?

• Advertisement

ferike1 wrote: »
    I did CAP2s as I was exempt from CAP1s and still have a year and half of my contract left. If I pass my FAES do I still have to do this and will I be a member then?

nope you gotta wait til youve done your year and a half

Feck. Still here's hoping I pass. Officially less than 3 weeks now.

I'm a repeat student so I am out of contract, its possible this email was only sent to the people out of contact

yea Id say so, my contract was originally 5 years ('school leave route' aka college dropout route!!) but has since changed to 4 for new entrants, so if got a letter from co. can change it, anyway wasnt going to bother til got results incase fail but with tight deadline, got it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I'm a repeat student so I am out of contract, its possible this email was only sent to the people out of contact

I gave them a call today. It was sent to people who will be out of contract by 23 November.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

I gave them a call today. It was sent to people who will be out of contract by 23 November.

Okay, now I'm very worried.

I'm out of contract and I received no email.

That suggests to me that I've failed FAE.

I know that the results aren't out until the 23rd but I'd be surprised if the results aren't known internally at this stage (I'd imagine that the next three weeks are taken up with behind the scenes admin rather than the marking of scripts).

If someone was given the annoying task of emailing a large number of people re applying for membership, it'd be human nature to trim that list down to those that it's gonna be relevant for.

If you'll be out of contract by the 23rd of November and you got that email, in my view you've passed FAE.

And if you'll be out of contract by the 23rd of November and you didn't get that email, in my view you've failed FAE.

Based on this email anomaly, I'm of the view that I've failed FAE. Gutted isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

If you'll be out of contract by the 23rd of November and you got that email, in my view you've passed FAE.

And if you'll be out of contract by the 23rd of November and you didn't get that email, in my view you've failed FAE.

Based on this email anomaly, I'm of the view that I've failed FAE. Gutted isn't the word.

Ha! You're surely joking aren't you......you don't actually believe this do you???

ah lads please dont say that. I'm out of contract but didnt receive this email.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

What a way to put the sh*ts up everyone! Didn't receive the email either and my contract is up by the 23rd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I can't see it being true.

Advertisement