Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sandy60

just emailed institute there, error in the sending list and appartently I was left off as I was a repeat. they sent the email to me there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Less than 3 weeks now!

Just get it over with!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

arghhhhhhh getting close, getting nervous!

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

No matter what the Institute say now, in my view anyone who will be out of contract by the 23rd and didn't get the email has failed FAE.

And that includes me.

Super.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ah lads you're getting paranoid. Noone knows if they passed until the 23rd. I am sure an admin who sends out bulk e-mails has no access to the passers list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

No matter what the Institute say now, in my view anyone who will be out of contract by the 23rd and didn't get the email has failed FAE.

And that includes me.

Super.

Come off it nige....that's an even weaker attempt at trying to scare people than your first post. You can do better than that....you're basically just repeating what you posted earlier, if you're gonna wum at least mix it up.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ah lads you're getting paranoid. Noone knows if they passed until the 23rd. I am sure an admin who sends out bulk e-mails has no access to the passers list

exactly! there would be uproar if it was true. Anyways from what I have heard the results list is not finalised until the week before results due.

They sure do take their sweet time. These last 2ish months have been a real pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So if we are lucky enough to pass, does anybody know what the average salary is for a newly qualified accountant in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

kitten_k wrote: »
    So if we are lucky enough to pass, does anybody know what the average salary is for a newly qualified accountant?

About £24k up in the North here.

• Advertisement

About £24k up in the North here.

Thanks, am based in Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So if we are lucky enough to pass, does anybody know what the average salary is for a newly qualified accountant in Dublin?
    Not sure how reliable this site is but the figures look reasonable

http://www.recruitireland.com/careercentre/accountingsurvey/

€42,200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

sandy60 wrote: »
    €42,200

Would be lucky to get near that down the country I reckon though, I'd say avg salary for a newly qualified is about 35k

if we pass exams and are out of contract what fees do we pay to become members? when do we pay them?

EveT wrote: »
    if we pass exams and are out of contract what fees do we pay to become members? when do we pay them?

€453 by 30th November

€453 by 30th November

thank you, and then do we pay subs for the year on top of that?

EveT wrote: »
    thank you, and then do we pay subs for the year on top of that?

The email didn't say anything about subs, somebody posted a copy of the email about 2 pages back.

Just asked someone here, and they think it is just the membership fee, but you could call the Institute to clarify it.

http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Members/Your-Institute/Membership-Fees/

actually admission fee is only 312 if your firm paying subscription for the year. big 4 do pay annual subscription when you are being admitted.

say will prob be paying myself, am not sure what have to pay. will worry bout what cheque to write if pass exams!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Looks like the uncertainty/confusion regarding the admission procedure has been brought to the CAI's attention. There will be a response from them here on Monday.

I don't know the contents of the message, but I'd be 99.999' % sure that the CAI would not send out an email to only those that passed.

Although nerves and paranoia are par for the course at this stage. :)

Wonder how the overall pass rates will look compared to last year.

ferike1 wrote: »
    Wonder how the overall pass rates will look compared to last year.

Everyone I have spoken to is convinced they have failed so a zero % passrate seems to be on the cards;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Hey guys,

I've had an email from Chartered Accountants Ireland wanting to clarify the situation about the emails:
    An email was sent to students who are due to receive their FAE results on 23th November. The purpose of the email was to make students aware that a short window exists from receipt of results to the end of the year to be admitted to membership. Unfortunately, due to a technical error, a small number of candidates were not sent the mail in question. The omission is in no way linked to their exam results, which will issue on 23rd November as noted above. This embargo is strictly enforced.

They ask that anyone who has any further queries contacts the Admission to Membership department.

Thanks,
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Gosh
    So nervous now.
    Wish I just knew and could get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Also - did the ICAI not comment on feedback received from the electives?

The report in http://www.cassi.ie/wp/education/ seems to only relate to the Core exams

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

An elective repeat is a necessity and I dont think enough is being done in this regard by anybody.

I would not wish on anybody what people have to go through with these exams.....a horrible process.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

An elective repeat is a necessity and I dont think enough is being done in this regard by anybody.

I would not wish on anybody what people have to go through with these exams.....a horrible process.

I have to say that if anyone asks me which exams to do, I always tell them to go down the ACCA route, so much better that ACA!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Didnt get that email and I have to say I'm getting EXTREMELY paranoid now , someone tell me I'm crazy?!!

• Advertisement

You're crazy....

Advertisement