Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

ferike1 wrote: »
    You're crazy....

wish they'd just release it
    I mean they're prob corrected by now. they should just go ahead and release them and save everyone the stress of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

wish they'd just release it
    I mean they're prob corrected by now. they should just go ahead and release them and save everyone the stress of next week

I'm afraid it's all part of the torture. Worried out of your head for 10 weeks and then a feeling utter dispair that has you in desperate form until at least Christmas if you're on the failure list, the complete opposite feeling if you're on the pass list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

Any news on what way the results are being released?

Is it the pass and credits list on the website as usual as well as the letter in the post?

Or are they doing away with the "name and shame" list on the website and just sending the letter out as I think they have done with CAP2?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Results are being put up on the student portal like the mock results

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

Cheers.

Q the website crashing on the 23rd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Oh god I wish they'd just publish them already!

My college used to release the results a few days earlier than the published date - I wish that was the case here!

Would stop the horrendous fantasies of passing and nightmares of falling im having each night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

The entire thing is awful

Almost 3 months of waiting and if you fail its a whole year of torture again. To be honest I'd be almost delighted with just passing core (I know I'd be annoyed then failing the elective but it isn't nearly as bad as the nightmare that is CORE)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

I was full sure the results were out tomorrow and came on here to wish people luck. What a let down!!!

I got no email off the institute (neither the original or second one) but I am not surprised.

I can thankfully honestly say I will never do them again, 3 strikes and I will be out.

But anyhow, Best of luck to all for NEXT friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Elle2012

Hey!

Has everyone gone an e-mail about CA diary cause I still havnt?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

I'm very sceptical about that email that the Institute sent to Boards. They claim that a small number of people didn't get the email. Yet most people I know who will be out of contract on or before the 23rd didn't get the email.

They can spoof as much as they want about the integrity of the results announcement process, but I'm firmly of the view that a lazy administrator might just access a pass list to make his life easier by not having to contact everyone.

I have received no email and I'm out of contract. I'm therefore very worried about this email anomaly.

As for the industrial action at CAI, you'd have to think that it puts next Friday in serious jeopardy.

Can we have some good news please???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This time next week it will be all over!

I'm very sceptical about that email that the Institute sent to Boards. They claim that a small number of people didn't get the email. Yet most people I know who will be out of contract on or before the 23rd didn't get the email.

They can spoof as much as they want about the integrity of the results announcement process, but I'm firmly of the view that a lazy administrator might just access a pass list to make his life easier by not having to contact everyone.

I have received no email and I'm out of contract. I'm therefore very worried about this email anomaly.

As for the industrial action at CAI, you'd have to think that it puts next Friday in serious jeopardy.

Can we have some good news please???

It will be interesting to see when the results come out if the people who didn't get the email are the people who failed and the people who did get it are the people who passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MBMD

I hope that this Email situation has been a genuine mistake, and is not in anyway an indication as to who has passed and who has not.

Last week before results day, nothing any one can do now but wait, hope andpray.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

I know I've failed and I didn't get the email :)

I personally can't see the Institute sending it to just people who passed, if they did then that is very bad form!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

If its not linked to the results then y have I still not gotten an email?! I'm convinced its a reflection of the results

Have you contacted them Ex 88?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

kitten_k wrote: »

Yeah. It's giving me mild PTSD to read through the 'how to interpret your results' thing.

Currently I'm at the stage where I gibber to myself, "75%ish passed Core the previous years - IT COULD BE YOU!!!" for comfort.
    Did audit elective too but I'm not losing sleep over it - I genuinely think it went well.

• Advertisement

Yeah. It's giving me mild PTSD to read through the 'how to interpret your results' thing.

Currently I'm at the stage where I gibber to myself, "75%ish passed Core the previous years - IT COULD BE YOU!!!" for comfort.
    Did audit elective too but I'm not losing sleep over it - I genuinely think it went well.

I am a repeat student (audit elective only) and I still don't know how to interpret the results! I don't mind because it doesn't change wether you passed or failed

I am a repeat student (audit elective only) and I still don't know how to interpret the results! I don't mind because it doesn't change wether you passed or failed

For me with Core it's sending me off to earlier pages of this thread to remind myself of what we all thought the indicators were and my chances of meeting the standard for each of the super six...

DAY FREAKING TWO WTF.
    Over the whole exam cycle I am only sure of one PM indic that went well for me.

They are such hard exams to read!! Normally you have a good idea of how you did, with this there is no way of knowing.

This time last year I was 100% certain I failed the core and about 75% certain I passed the elective, turns out I passed Core and failed Elective!!

They are such hard exams to read!! Normally you have a good idea of how you did, with this there is no way of knowing.

This time last year I was 100% certain I failed the core and about 75% certain I passed the elective, turns out I passed Core and failed Elective!!

Hopefully last year's horrendous pass rate was a blip and you're well on top of it this year!

Maybe I should concentrate on the real issue of the day: to paint my face face-coloured for results day or not? Girls at my firm are always tarted up to the max for FAE midday celebrations. They must be doing it for a reason!

That is a real dilemma!!

I always take the day off! I work full time on a clients site so don't be in the office anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Best of luck everyone next friday. Have a Locust coffee and don't be stressing, there are far more important things in life.

CASSI weekend away was a class way to let off some steam prior to this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

CASSI weekend away was a class way to let off some steam prior to this week!

Good to know.....thanks for sharing.

Anytime! Ready to face the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Anytime! Ready to face the week.

Yep - just looking forward to it being over!

Advertisement