Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think this week will be a very long week!!

Has everyone taken Friday off or are some people working?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

working! nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a pity Eve, I took it off, wouldn't like to be in work either way - if I pass I want to be out celebrating, if I fail I don't want to have to talk to people about it.

How do you think you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

I have no AL left :-(

think def failed core, maybe passed tax. you?

I only set the audit elective, passed Core last year.

I hope I done enough this time, but you just never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Hope everyone is holding up ok? I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. This is going to be one hell of a long week! I took Friday off, I can't stand my manager on a normal day so I definitely won't be able to stand her on Friday.

I am just trying not to think about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

We cannot change things now!! Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Nerves are kicking in!!

Has everyone got an email from Audrey Carter? ..I've heard of some people getting this on Friday but I have yet to recieve it ..getting quite nervous!!

• Advertisement

Yeah I seen this on the website but just worrying and wondering why i never recieved an email..maybe only those who passed recieved it!! ? :confused:

I would doubt that as it talks about appeals too, are you sure they have the correct email address for you?

Maybe the list they have for FAE student is incorrect and that is why this email and the one about fees have not been sent to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Ex 88 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is holding up ok? I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. This is going to be one hell of a long week! I took Friday off, I can't stand my manager on a normal day so I definitely won't be able to stand her on Friday.

My firm gives Friday off to all results people, thank God. Typically people show up at lunchtimish smiling for sparkling wine. If I fail I'm staying in bed though!

Edited to give people hope re Core: I was masochistic enough to go through previous FAE reports to count their indicators and noticed that some of them are marked REALLY easily, like an IMP one that was RC: noted some points; C: noted most OR noted and briefly discussed some.

If some of the wafflier indics this year have similar marking schemes, we're away in a hack even if we went at the answers like a drunken flea!

They do have the correct email address for me as far as im aware ! But I never recieved the one about fees either although my training contract is not up until next year!

That's nice of them notanocelot. Our firm doesn't do anything in the office but we have a night out that night.

If I pass I will probably show my face at that for an hour or so and then go do my own thing.

They do have the correct email address for me as far as im aware ! But I never recieved the one about fees either although my training contract is not up until next year!

That would be why, as far as I know it was only sent to people who will be out of contract

kitten_k wrote: »
    That's nice of them notanocelot. Our firm doesn't do anything in the office but we have a night out that night.

If I pass I will probably show my face at that for an hour or so and then go do my own thing.

Ours is always good because there's nothing like a bunch of truly happy people to make a night go off well. And everyone knows just what a big deal it is to have the FAEs over and done with, so there's so much goodwill. In the past I've found myself being totally sincere in congratulating people who I generally can't stand.

Yea it does be a good night, great atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

My firm gives Friday off to all results people, thank God. Typically people show up at lunchtimish smiling for sparkling wine. If I fail I'm staying in bed though!

Edited to give people hope re Core: I was masochistic enough to go through previous FAE reports to count their indicators and noticed that some of them are marked REALLY easily, like an IMP one that was RC: noted some points; C: noted most OR noted and briefly discussed some.

If some of the wafflier indics this year have similar marking schemes, we're away in a hack even if we went at the answers like a drunken flea!

I hope you're right, I'm so worried about IMP and Business Leadership due to the waffle it's so hard to know how you did. Trying not to think about it but keep getting these waves of fear every half an hour :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

I am freaking out its so much presure :eek:, Im out of contract and a job at end of month so I need to pass so I can move on. Feel like I'll be letting everyone down if i fail especially myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Man, I feel bad for everyone else that I have been putting through this misery. Family, friends all concerned about my results! Big let down for them too!

Can't focus on work.....

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

The 11 or 12 week or so wait for these results is a joke IMO. I know there is a fair bit in it to correct but they really do leave students hanging for too long. Then to add to it there is no chance of repeating until the following year if you fail something.

Nearly there now anyway!

RT2010 wrote: »
    The 11 or 12 week or so wait for these results is a joke IMO. I know there is a fair bit in it to correct but they really do leave students hanging for too long. Then to add to it there is no chance of repeating until the following year if you fail something.

I like to believe that several weeks of that are devoted to poring over the borderline cases looking for a justification to push them over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

Ha ha. Whatever gets ya through the day!
    Wasn't expecting the FAE repeat fees to be so high, guts of €700 if you want to resit core, elective and AAFRP! Seems extremely high to me.
    Must be gold plated exam booklets and papers for repeat students as I don't think anything else is included, could be wrong though.

I am a repeater and i spent the last week leading up to my results last year knowing i had failed!!! so surprise surprise i did!! not only that i had started a new job that previous monday!
    But this week i havent really thought much about them but starting now to panic!! they are so stressful...... :(

good luck everyone!

I am a repeater and i spent the last week leading up to my results last year knowing i had failed!!! so surprise surprise i did!! not only that i had started a new job that previous monday!
    But this week i havent really thought much about them but starting now to panic!! they are so stressful...... :(

good luck everyone!

How did your job take the news that you'd failed? Was it a big issue for them?

Actually they told me before giving me the job if i was unsuccessful then it was no big deal as long as i was willing to try again.
    so when the results came out my boss just turned to me and told me to go get drunk. lol

but dont think it will be the same this year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

They'll probably push the prices up for repeats seeing as how they are in a deficit of like €1m!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Only 4 more sleepless nights....

I wish it was over with already!!

Advertisement