Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

figrolls wrote: »
    Only 4 more sleepless nights....

I wish it was over with already!!

Are you not sleeping at night? Gosh that's awful - you should try some natural remedies - like chamomile tea or something.

I find it hard to think about anything else, but it's more just impatience with knowing where I stand than actually losing sleep thankfully. Although I'm sure the night before will be dodgy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Feeling so nervous today, can't even concentrate at work! Was just looking at the costs for repeating there now aswel and its in the guts of £500!! :eek:

Feeling so nervous today, can't even concentrate at work! Was just looking at the costs for repeating there now aswel and its in the guts of £500!! :eek:

Never mind the fact that you won't get a salary increase for another year, lose out on the exam bonus if applicable and lose all your annual leave again for next summer and presumably resort to unpaid leave again..... But hey, whos complaining? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Bonus?? what is this ! lol never got one for passing any exams!

2 days! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

And counting, this week just feels so long!!

kitten_k wrote: »
    And counting, this week just feels so long!!

I know! hard to believe it's only wednesday.....
    Was mad to just get the results and be done with it but now I'm not so sure...as they get closer, the fear of failing just builds!

I am just trying to keep thinking that if I failed again, I failed there is nothing I can do about it.

Hopefully I got it this time and I am finally finished these exams!! Took me ages to get MABF/SFMA so feel like I have been doing these exams forever!

aww lads stop the count down lol
    ive took friday off now in fear that i have failed.
    Good luck to you all though.... really hope pass rate is up !

Good luck to you too upnorthchick

• Advertisement

Do u think we could hack into the institute computer system not that i condone this type of activity??? or hyjack whoever takes the post out of the institute tomoro evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Fingers crossed we're in that 75 %! Does anyone know if the board report is out on the same day as the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Oh I never thought of the post part of it!

What if you went out to the sorting office to collect you're post thursday night?!

Oh I cant sleep or work for thinking about these damn results!!

Best of luck to everybody, Im really hoping our hard work pays off!!

aww im in belfast be silly of me to go to sorting office assuming it gets sorted in Dublin first!!! id prob pass the bloody post man!!!

never mind in the 75% i want placed!!! hahahaha i am sooo joking! i dont care if im the last person through the door!! where is your man that was on during exam week thinking he was the god almighty of accountants? he has gone very quiet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

stressed out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

What are the odds on the student portal crashing, would anyone say?
    I miss the good old pdf already.

I'm thinking of taking a sleeping pill tomorrow night. Do NOT want to be awake at 5am Friday waiting for the minutes to roll by!

go for a couple of drinks tomorrow eve! stay up as late as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Im thinking a bottle of wine may have to be consumed - as a sleeping aid of course!

What are the odds on the student portal crashing, would anyone say?
    I miss the good old pdf already.

I'm thinking of taking a sleeping pill tomorrow night. Do NOT want to be awake at 5am Friday waiting for the minutes to roll by!

Ooh that's a great idea. what would you take?
    Don't want to have the bottle of vino because I'd hate to be hungover if I failed!

Yes of course!! has to be done.... and just drink the rest of the weekend.. lol

• Advertisement

figrolls wrote: »
    Im thinking a bottle of wine may have to be consumed - as a sleeping aid of course!

Thinking positively, I don't want to have a delicate stomach for the champagne reception and boozy lunch the firm's putting on at lunchtime. :)

(Plus, I had a good few glasses of whiskey for CAP 2 repeat results eve last year and was still awake at 5am.)

You guys notice that there is "essential maintenace" on the icai website today? i tried to get into my results portal earlier and it took an age to open. I wonder are they putting the results up now provisionally and will make it available friday?

You guys notice that there is "essential maintenace" on the icai website today? i tried to get into my results portal earlier and it took an age to open. I wonder are they putting the results up now provisionally and will make it available friday?

Well, the results section is up there now all right. I can remind myself of my FAILs in the mocks.

they do that - the results go on the server but are automatically released at certain time on friday. and they will be up before 8 am ! they told us 8 last year and they were up at half 7 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

Yeah the AAFRP result were up earlier than expected too

What are people expecting results wise on Friday?
    Anyone you speak to automatically says fail but I guess often thats the fear of coming across too cocky.
    Personally, I think I got my elective (audit)
    But core is 50/50. I didn't pick up that second tax indicator and couldn't even have a stab at the mgmt indicator...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

:eek::eek::eek::eek: extremly :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

I dont think friday will ever come! Im also not sure I ever want it to come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

I noticed that aswel with some of the results tabs on the student portal, it says maintenance is being carried out! So what way will these results be..will there be a new tab just that says FAE ? I feel sick with the thought of it!! :confused:

• Advertisement

I noticed that aswel with some of the results tabs on the student portal, it says maintenance is being carried out! So what way will these results be..will there be a new tab just that says FAE ? I feel sick with the thought of it!! :confused:

Yep
    I imagine itll be the exact same format as the mocks results

Advertisement