Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

I keep constantly checking the website in hope that the results will be there, even though it is never gona happen!
    I'm driving myself crazy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

I keep constantly checking the website in hope that the results will be there, even though it is never gona happen!
    I'm driving myself crazy lol

Haha, im doing the exact same! I thought i was the only mental one!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

figrolls wrote: »
    Haha, im doing the exact same! I thought i was the only mental one!
    Me too....what are we like :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Ex 88 wrote: »
    Me too....what are we like :eek:

Ive done this too!! thats how crazy these exams make you LOL:)

Is 8 not really late for results to be up?

I think I remember Cap 2 being up around 6.45?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whytenc

Is 8 not really late for results to be up?

I think I remember Cap 2 being up around 6.45?

They always say about 8 even though results are generally up much earlier....trying to reduce the number of pple on the website at one time I guess...

yeah but i reckon they will be up before 8 I think they always are early. Ill prob be checking from like 6 anyway just in case

I will probably be sitting pressing refresh half of the night!! Even though I'm expecting a double fail! The thought of going through this all over again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Ha, I will probably be up all night and hitting refresh from about half 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

I'm just going to check it when I wake up. Not setting alarm or anything. No point being exhausted and devastated all day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

I'm just going to check it when I wake up. Not setting alarm or anything. No point being exhausted and devastated all day :)

That's what I've always said I'd do but no matter how drunk I get or sober I stay, I always have a really bad sleep before results day and come 5 or 6 am, there I am, wide awake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I will leave my alarm set for my normal time of 7.20, but I say I will wake up before that

I remember with CAP 2 results I was waking up literally every hour of the night til 6 when I got up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I am going for pints tonight in the hope ill be too wrecked tomorrow to give a sh!te about worrying anymore. Makes sense in my own head anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 UsainBolt100

anyone any idea of how the elective is marked..

like do you have to get a certain number of "C's" to pass.. or could you get all RC's and maybe a couple of C's.. or does it matter.. i know you have to reach a certain benchmark just wondering does it matter what way you get there

i really think the hardest part of these exams is knowing how to pass.. rather than understanding the material

in any other exam - you knew the pass rate was say 50 - so obviously if you spent majority of exam time on say the questions you knew (say 75 of the 100) then you cud potentially pass.. but in this ur concentrating on everything rather than doing certain areas really well..

maybe its just me

like do you have to get a certain number of "C's" to pass.. or could you get all RC's and maybe a couple of C's.. or does it matter.. i know you have to reach a certain benchmark just wondering does it matter what way you get there

i really think the hardest part of these exams is knowing how to pass.. rather than understanding the material

in any other exam - you knew the pass rate was say 50 - so obviously if you spent majority of exam time on say the questions you knew (say 75 of the 100) then you cud potentially pass.. but in this ur concentrating on everything rather than doing certain areas really well..

maybe its just me

Totally agree I dont think people who fail these set of FAEs are any less knowledgable than those who pass its very subjective in the favour of the institue!

Sometimes in my head its like they have everyones number in a hat and they pick out so many and say Pass and the rest fail!! its so frustrating!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jj99

good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

pepp wrote: »
    Totally agree I dont think people who fail these set of FAEs are any less knowledgable than those who pass its very subjective in the favour of the institue!

Sometimes in my head its like they have everyones number in a hat and they pick out so many and say Pass and the rest fail!! its so frustrating!:confused:

I could just imagine Paul Monahan in the middle of a big circle of clowns (ie the board) pulling out the names hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

jj99 wrote: »
    good luck everyone

did u change that?? haha
    sure only a bit of banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Marking process is apparently quite similiar to the below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Best of luck to everybody Friday morning

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

I can't get Friday morning out of my head.

I did a dummy run today on the website and when I saw the "Fail" there for the Core Mock, my heart jumped. I passed the Elective Mock comfortably and I'm not at all worried about the Elective.

But if I'm honest, I think a red in Performance Measurement will kill me. I think that I took care of five of the Super Six but I'm up the walls about PM. Got an RC in the AAFRP. Think I spoofed around the Customer Analysis and KPI indicators too much. That leaves the intangible assets one and the group accounting ones. There seems to be so much confusion over the depth test. At last year's induction and this year's (I'm told) that it was said that you must attain "Competent" at least once. Yet I recall Paul Monahan saying you must achieve it three times. Paul Monahan is the guru of FAE, hence my concern. If it's once, I'm in with a chance. If it's twice, I'm probably f..ked and if it's three times I'm definitely f..ked.

Best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

The explanation of the marking scheme on the website says that only the sufficiency test is relevant in Elective.

This means that whatever threshold they set, you can meet it by any combination of Cs or RCs.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

The explanation of the marking scheme on the website says that only the sufficiency test is relevant in Elective.

This means that whatever threshold they set, you can meet it by any combination of Cs or RCs.

Yeah, from memory Paul Monahan's analysis back in October/November 2011 was as follows:

- You get a notional score of zero for every NA or NC that you get for an indicator.

- You get a notional score of (say) 5 for every RC that you get for an indicator.

- You get a notional score of (say) 10 for every C or HC that you get for an indicator.

- The Board then decide what you need to score to pass, but the precise level of this hurdle is never released. Say there are 9 indicators. Well 50 might be the pass mark. 8 RCs and 1 C (i.e. 8 x 5 + 10) or 5 Cs and 4 NAs (i.e. 5 x 10 + 0) might be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

swarms of butterflies now in my stomach

Or locusts!

This time tomorrow we will know either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

kitten_k wrote: »
    This time tomorrow we will know either way!

Do the postal results also arrive to our house tomorrow?

Yes as far as I know

• Advertisement

I feel so sick with nerves!

I think postal results arrive tomorrow if your in the south but if your up north its usually saturday!

Advertisement