Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

yea sat we will get ours! wish i lived in the south! lol
    I still think hyjacking the postman today is a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

best of luck tomorrow folks

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

yeah its so annoying to know the results are posted today but we don't get them til tomorrow, they should be just put on the student portal today aswel!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

Woke up at 4am today feeling queasy.
    It'll be worse tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

what people think they pass rate wil be like? will they keep core around the 70% mark?

• Advertisement

queasy is one way of putting it!!!!!!

EveT wrote: »
    what people think they pass rate wil be like? will they keep core around the 70% mark?

Fingers crossed 2011 audit elective was a blip!

On Core I could see people failing breadth test more than last year, because of IMP. Paul Monaham was bang on when he predicted the difficulty levels on that would go through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesgreenpark

Squeaky bum time!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Have absolutely zero concentration and motivation for work today omg i wish it was over already:(

pepp wrote: »
    Have absolutely zero concentration and motivation for work today omg i wish it was over already:(

I'm post-morteming like crazy over here. It's actually the only way I can remind myself that I may well have passed.

• Advertisement

WTF!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT REMEMBER IT NEVER MIND POST MORTEM!

WTF!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT REMEMBER IT NEVER MIND POST MORTEM!

Reading the CASSI report helps.
    I mean, if you want to be reminded. Which you probably don't.
    I remember Day One even without the report as a reminder, and Day Two is a bit of a blur.

Sim 3 is DEFINITELY a blur. I have a feeling it's NC for every single indic on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Today will go down as one of the least productive days in my working career lol

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

I can't remember it either and don't really want to post mortem it beacuse I think it would make more nervous lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesgreenpark

Read the CASSI report again.....fail!

My predictions are - Finance - Green unless I missed something, Tax - Green (S626B is a concern though), Audit - Red (group audit and going concern will cost me), BL - I really don't know, prob Red due to the waffle and time constraints, PM - borderline yellow/Red due to CPA being a disaster and messing up IFRS3) IMP (Yellow/red - didn't even mention the Knowledge management system).

But this time last year I thought I'd passed core and didn't, this year I'm prepared for failure so anything is a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Read the CASSI report again.....fail!

My predictions are - Finance - Green unless I missed something, Tax - Green (S626B is a concern though), Audit - Red (group audit and going concern will cost me), BL - I really don't know, prob Red due to the waffle and time constraints, PM - borderline yellow/Red due to CPA being a disaster and messing up IFRS3) IMP (Yellow/red - didn't even mention the Knowledge management system).

But this time last year I thought I'd passed core and didn't, this year I'm prepared for failure so anything is a bonus!

I think my two areas are Tax and PM.

Tax because I didn't spot the second indicator in the final SIM on day 2.

PM because of that not very nice mgmt indicator on day 1 - the customer profitability analysis. Also wasn't at all confident about my KPI question - RC at best. However, fingers crossed my AAFRP will help me.

BL - gosh it's hard to know isn't it!

Think I hit IMP ok, I picked up on the knowledge mgmt on day 1.

Audit - I can't really remember but I did that as an elective and don't remember it being too taxing in the core because of that.

Finance - can't really remember again - what were the areas examined here?

Can't wait to just know. But dreading a big FAIL hitting me tomorrow morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Here is something to help pass the time. Just move the mouse over the circles:

http://koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kxMy5waG90b2J1Y2tldC5jb20vYWxidW1zL2EyNzcva2l0dGVuX2svZ29vZC1sdWNrLmpwZw==

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Ha it's a bit late to do post mortems now :D

any word on post results p1ss up?

any word on post results p1ss up?

think a lot of the bigger firms have internal events -champagne receptions and the like! dont think CASSD organise anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

Weather is mirroring my mood today!!

no they usually do have a drinks thing well they do in belfast anyway from what i can remember of last year.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Here is something to help pass the time. Just move the mouse over the circles:

http://koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kxMy5waG90b2J1Y2tldC5jb20vYWxidW1zL2EyNzcva2l0dGVuX2svZ29vZC1sdWNrLmpwZw==

Security risk blocked for my protection apparently!

I am feeling truly sick. The 'forced myself to drink some soup at lunchtime' kind of sick.

Edited for my post-mortem cause why not:
    PM worry cause KPI q went terribly and I got RC in the continuous assessment.
    Sim 3 was a total mess meaning audit and tax are areas of concern - even though, weirdly enough, I'm confident about the audit elective.
    I don't really know where the second Finance indic was, but I made a decent stab at the co val on Day One so that should cover off on it.
    And I'm not worried about sufficiency cause I got decile 1 in the mock even though it was mostly reds!

Security risk blocked for my protection apparently!

I am feeling truly sick. The 'forced myself to drink some soup at lunchtime' kind of sick.

I'm actually grand now! nothing you can do! tonight promises to be a better night than tomorrow night as even if your results are good someone else's won't be. So I say:

TO THE PUB!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

what time reckon theyll be out?

EveT wrote: »
    what time reckon theyll be out?

I'd say 7
    But maybe half 7 is leaving it safe?

This is the first time I really haven't known what the results will be for accountancy exams.
    CAP 1: knew I'd be Pass list.
    CAP 2 summer: knew I'd be Credits.
    CAP 2 autumn: knew I'd be Pass.
    Tomorrow? Only the CAI computer knows.

This is the first time I really haven't known what the results will be for accountancy exams.
    CAP 1: knew I'd be Pass list.
    CAP 2 summer: knew I'd be Credits.
    CAP 2 autumn: knew I'd be Pass.
    Tomorrow? Only the CAI computer knows.

Maybe that means you're going to place!

Maybe that means you're going to place!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Good luck to everyone for 2moro:)

Advertisement